Netflix strategy to reach audience before a show starts?

GabrielaBF

Hello everyone,

I'm studying Advertising focusing on Marketing and recently started my term paper.

I want to study Netflix. Mainly, how does Netflix create such an expectation and buzz before a show starts? For example: House of Cards or more recently, Stranger Things.
What and how does Netflix keep everyone still talking about the show while it's fresh and also, how do they keep the audience or get even more people to watch the show if the next season comes only after 1 year or later?

Does this kind of strategy have a name?
What should I focus on?
What kind of books or learning should I get to be able to talk about this strategy?

Thank you everyone for your help!

EpicGlobalWeb

Gabby, you may want to have a look at movie theater advertising. According to Statistica, pre-movie in-theater advertising is a half-billion dollar industry. There is already data on its effectiveness there and would be a good place to start on your research. The only advantage Netflix has on this is larger audience and ability to track viewership of the ads. As with everything in digital advertising, monitoring is the key advantage. Netflix has the ability to monitor how long a viewer watches the ad.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.