Just A Preview

Status
Not open for further replies.

EpicGlobalWeb

I'm redesigning one of my websites - particularly the one for web development & web software. I'm trying to finish it tonight. It's mostly custom php-driven. The only non-custom element is the "share this" feature because, hey, it works swell as it is.

But I really would like some constructive advice before I start remarketing it. I know it's a huge improvement from before but it has to really be on point. Enjoy.
epicglobalweb.com

Last edited by a moderator:

vishwa

Your website looks good to me. Since your are still managing your website some of your web pages doesn't open properly. I also suggest you to add a about us page which will help your users to learn more about your company and services. I also did not find any contact us page where user can contact you. Overall your website looks good to me.

EpicGlobalWeb

Thank you. I have those bases covered, just still putting it together.

Also, I appreciate your help with imblogweb.com.

empresa87

I like the site. But I think the mixture of white with blue letters a little confused. Try also put more emphasis to the logo because they do not see very well.

EpicGlobalWeb

EpicGlobalWeb
If you look closely, the blue letters have a hidden message. It says: "EGW," "We Do Web," & "ROI"

ZAPPY

ZAPPY
Agree with empresa87

As I first time visitor, I 'missed' this explanation and perhaps because not seeing the hidden message because of the distraction in trying to work out why there are blue and white letters in various typefonts and sizing.

Left me confused so didnt click anything or read any further .

Last edited by a moderator:

Mike001

I like the look of the site, but there are a couple things that I would address.

The balance of the two boxes on the home page, they are not the same height and that can be a distraction to your layout. Easy to fix in CSS.

Also the Local SEO Tips menu goes to a directory structure. This is bad for the security of your site. Make certain that you address that issue prior to Go Live.

Look at your button in the responsive design methodology. The buttons on the smaller devices are not aligning correctly, they stack on top of one another and with all the users that use mobile devices now you will want to correct that especially in the web design business. Mobile responsiveness is a big deal right now as I am sure you are aware.

Not Just a Website menu shows Page not Found - 404 error.

The Article Page Layout page looks GREAT. Good contrast and good size content. The sidebar menu is not working on this page. Map Menu selection is not working. Should take you back to the home page.

Plans and Pricing page should have a better balance. The uneven columns look unprofessional.

Overall the site looks really good. The contrast is good, the colors blend well together, the font is clean and crisp, the font sizes are good. Graphics pertain to the subject.

I LIKE THE SITE...... Great Job.

EpicGlobalWeb

EpicGlobalWeb
I appreciate this feedback, especially knowing that it comes from a professor of web development. The broken links and stuff is because I'm not done yet, but the height issue is clearly a problem on the boxes.

It's entirely bootstrap (piece of cake).

I made an admin panel on the back end, a completely custom CMS so I can post articles and whatnot from my phone on the go. I'd love to have you take a look at it sometime. The php code itself is super-clean but I'd really like to make it more object oriented or organized better at some point.

Rob Whisonant

I'm going to add just one psychological recommendation. On the plans and pricing page... It comes over way to strong about "money." The first thing I see is a $50 bill staring me in the face. I instantly think... boy this guy is going to be really expensive. So now I'm not feeling comfortable while checking out your prices. Now suddenly your prices seem high when they really are not.

You may want to consider using an image that is more designed to make the prospect comfortable. What is in it for him or her? Maybe an image of someone helping another person. Or someone showing something to another person on a computer. Or two smiling people shaking hands.

Mike001

Excellent point Rob, I had not even thought of that but when I went back in and looked again you are correct.

Great observation.

TCoder

I really think the on-site SEO needs to be improved a little. I'm not sure if you're at that stage yet.

But you're selling SEO Services.

Your title tag is
PHP:
<title>Epic Global Web</title>
It should really be something like
PHP:
<title>Keywords | Epic Global Web</title>
- it's arguably one of the most important ranking factors.

Then your h1 tags
PHP:
<h1><span style="color: #3B78E7">E</span>pic <span style="color: #3B78E7">G</span>lobal <span style="color: #3B78E7">W</span>eb</h1>
Which again is your company name, you don't need to rank for that, you should change it to something more related to the services you're offering. If someone was looking for a web designer, I would make my H1 tags more related like "rated #1 best website design company" with a lot of keywords that people might type in.

You'll have to change up your template a little, to make it work for you, but that's the easy part.

Ron Killian

I think it looks good. I am just not a fan of huge header type images, just takes up too much valuable real estate.

And the two images, the map ones right below the big header/logo, they are not linked to anything, so why have them? Again taking up the most important space on your main page.

As for a post. or content, this is my opinion, but the text blocks are a little big and there is no formating, so might not look the most pleasant to read. Maybe some images, or some sub titles to break it up a little, so it's not as daunting. Not that it is terrible, not at all. Might just be me :)

No "About" page? Or did I miss it?

EpicGlobalWeb

No, I appreciate that input actually you're right. It needs some improvement. Real estate and on-page SEO. I have a separate site for SEO but yeah why shouldn't this be perfect haha!

mantra

I think functionally it works. Looks like your not done yet, correct? (i.e. Not Just a Website page is missing content)
I see the reason for the combination of blue and white, and yellow and white on some pages, because you want to stress EGW, but it might be good to leave the other words alone in white.

on the main page, are the two different color world maps supposed to symbolize something? If so, I didn't catch it right away.
I also think your example website (previous clients/projects) should be emphasized and not hidden under plans&pricing. I think people want to see what work you have done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads