One page website

EpicGlobalWeb

1 page websites are generally best-suited as landing pages which are filled with calls-to-action or selling a primary product for someone else. Often times you'll see 1 page sites demonstrating a product or service as well as collected lead data to sell to other companies (the banking & loans industry does this a lot).

Tools? Bootstrap. Nowadays you can buy or get a free Bootstrap UI kit. Today's 1 page websites have smooth-scrolling with javascript and frilly animations. In the case of Jason Titus, he is already famous. He works deals with Amazon and has a gigantic LinkedIn following, so he doesn't really need that much online promotion anymore, and that isn't the purpose of his site. As you can see, his site is basically a very, very shiny resume.

One of the cons, I suppose, would be SEO. There isn't really a whole lot of room to put content in a 1 page site so it has to rely heavily on paid search ads and backlinks. Usually though, 1 page websites aren't really 1 page. They are often a portal into other parts of the site.

Resources? For what? Do you plan to build your own? I don't know if you know how to code or what your skill level is. To best help, please tell me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: GordonJ

Harry P

Harry P
I agree with this opinion but I don't see any advantages of 1 page website except it just likes a tool to deal with your customers.

and it needs a big website or ad networks with huge traffic to send customers to, and buy your products. Other than that, I have no comment for 1 page website.

EpicGlobalWeb

EpicGlobalWeb
You're right on. There is no major advantage of a 1 page website other than acting as an extension of a much, much larger network of sites. Like I said, they are generally used to show-case a debut product or exemplify a point in some way. Large corporations that don't need backlinks and SEO use them for purposes like that.

For all others though, you're right. It's not the greatest platform of which to put out tons of content and also be easy to read.

Ron Killian

I don't mean to go off topic, but one thing I just don't get is all the one page wordpress theme's. Yes I realize there are usually more than one page, but being only a few pages it always seems like it is way over kill to me. Just odd.

Rob Whisonant

Rob Whisonant
I have to agree. Wordpress is way overkill for a one page site or a few page site that is static. In fact I personally feel if your site does not have a blog, don't use wordpress.

Why add all the security problems wordpress adds if you don't need a blog?

Use static pages and learn a little HTML and CSS. You will be so glad you did in the long run. :)

Knightmedia

The single biggest pro of 1 page sites is Higher conversion rates for ecommerce. When people don't have to change pages the conversion rates go up to 2x more sales in some cases with single page sites. It's essentially streamlining the sales funnel process.

Hostens

One page site is the most useful for a static website or a landing page. If you have a lot of information that does not need to be changed a lot (pictures, contacts, contact form, brief about information), then the one-page website is a way to go. Also, it is really on trend right now for the minimalism it brings - easy to make the website mobile friendly.

I personally do not like one-page websites as it usually requires a lot of scrolling back and forth.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.