Is there a way to make money with Twitter?

Ken Graham

Hi,
Relationships are the key for all social networking sites. These same things go for Facebook, Twitter, Google plus, LinkedIn, etc...and you can make TONS of cash if you get a bazillion friends on them. That is reason why I went with Twitter and now I have a Twitter account with 8500 followers, Twitter marketing is giving me a bit more traffic to my site but I wonder there is a way to make money with it or just for driving traffic to our sites?

Any comments would be appreciated!

hipporeview

If you have 8500 followers, then you can build a website and sell something.
These sites can helps you make money, just search on Google for more information: JVZOO, CLICKBANK, AMAZON...

Muzzamil

Hi,
Relationships are the key for all social networking sites. These same things go for Facebook, Twitter, Google plus, LinkedIn, etc...and you can make TONS of cash if you get a bazillion friends on them. That is reason why I went with Twitter and now I have a Twitter account with 8500 followers, Twitter marketing is giving me a bit more traffic to my site but I wonder there is a way to make money with it or just for driving traffic to our sites?

Once you get significant followers in twitter, you can have other people pay you to promote their products and services to your followers. You can also give shoutouts to people on twitter and they pay you. Or you can just sell affiliate services to your followers.

EpicGlobalWeb

I'm sorry, but there is no way you can make money with Twitter.

Kidding. You can make money on any platform where you have a large, engaged following. Plan for ~ 0.005 - 0.01 conversion rate (that's about the conversion rates of physical direct mail) in any mass-reach you do. Of course, with 100,000+ followers, this isn't all that bad for you. A simple $10 product nets you $5,000 on the low end here.

Dazin

Hi,
With 8500 followers on Twitter, I see you will be very difficult to make money on Twitter. It is difficult but possible.
For example, you can make money by sharing your videos on youtube and increased view, share, comment by posting them on Twitter.

Ciarda

Ciarda
Totaly true, for me personaly you have 2 option or increase drasticaly your follower like to 25k + or you can start a new method. I personaly found more easy and fast, just use FTTI and massplanner do tons of account like 20+, use FTTI for RT olther people post and with massplanner you just follow and unfollow member of your niche boom you have 20+ account with 10k each. EASY MONEY. (joke needs time).

ivanab

While I have multiple Twitter accounts, I found that FB or Pinterest, or Instagram is a lot easier to monetize, than twitter. It is NOT impossible. But a lot harder.

Ron Killian

Tbink you already answered your question, it's in the relationship.

I am no twitter expert, but it seems better to promote your content, get people to your sites and do all the selling there. Direct selling on Twitter doesn't seem to work very well, least from my experience. Makes sense, when all you are doing is sell, it's big turn off.

The other option, could be better option is to use Twitter traffic to build email lists, then you could have an asset that could pay you into the future. And you have leverage.

Elisabeth Kuhn

Not so sure about Twitter when it comes to making money. When I tweet a promo with link, I do get some people to click on it, but no one ever buys.

Then again, I'm going to try to send them to squeeze pages instead with a tempting offer. Haven't done that lately - that might get more takers.

I have about 12.7k followers right now.

Last edited:

FoxMetrics

The sheer number will not matter as much as the interests of your followers. The idea is to get product to the right people who want it and will pay for it. If you have 8,000 followers because you share the same interest in music it will be hard to convert sales on a health product. Does that make sense? If your 8,500 followers are interested in health and wellness then it would make sense to offer them something in that field. I am not sure if you know the interest level of your followers or not and most likely they all can not be classified into one category either. This probably does not help but just makes things more complicated but bottom line, yes you can make money. Any time you have an audience, identify their need, fulfill it for them and they will pay you to do so.

Mubashir Ahmad

Twitter is not actually a place for easy earning. I suggest you to use instagram, snapchat, facebook and linkedin instead.

Sune

Generally, conversion rates on Twitter are horrible! Just ask any e-commerce business.

It's way easier to get people on Facebook to buy something than people from Twitter.
But, with that said, discovery is easier on Twitter, which allows your account to grow from within the platform itself (something that is nearly impossible on Facebook, unless you can convince people to share your page with their friends).

FoxMetrics

When you say "conversion on twitter" you literally mean converting people from twitter.com to your ecommerce site and have them place an order? Agreed. But twitter gives you mass exposure and people on twitter are looking to be introduced to new content. People are on twitter expecting links to new things, so if your "conversion" is landing page visits or blog hits you may find you actually have good conversion.

The other thing with twitter is that you will never have one post that just kills it. You will never have one page that gets thousands of views unless it is shared over and over again because it only exists in someones feed for a number of hours and then is pushed down by the next content coming in. So your "conversion rates" are going to be less but your strategy will include more tweets about the same content if that makes sense. You are not looking for one post to get a thousand hits but rather 100 posts to get 10 hits each. It is a slightly different approach than other channels but there are people who have built their business solely on twitter.

Sune

Sune
Right, I should have clarified. I was talking about converting people from Twitter to an ecommerce site and selling a product to those people.

Results will of course vary greatly depending on where you actually send people to from your Tweets, but I know from an ecommerce website with about $1 million in monthly revenue that for them at least, Twitter performs way worse when it comes to actually getting people to buy a product.

However, as you said, Twitter does give mass exposure, and I've experienced that with my own company too.

rbmm

It is interesting that Twitter used to be a better platform for generating traffic, and there were fewer people using it.

What seems to have happened is that there are so manypeople who started linking to "Buy This" and "Buy That",that people don'twant to click on links because theyknow it is "Spammy".

FoxMetrics has it dead on when he says that it isabout more tweets.

There are so many tweets posted so frequently, thatyou can often put up a tweet and it can be lost inthe shuffle within a couple of minutes.

All that said, if you get enough followers who will click on your links, and you are not justsending people to offers (yours oraffiliates),then you can build a list, and/or makesome money.

I do think that Twitter may not be thebest way to promote things these days.

Although, there is this guy named Trump. . .

alan watts

Use hootesuite to program in tweets, make it legitimate. Once you get enough followers, post an affiliate link related to your niche.

Sarthisingh16

Step by step how to make money online with twitter.

1)Tweet related to a topic or on a trending topic

2) Your tweet should be influential one with the help of that your followers will increase

3) Once you have a enough number of followers for example 3k to 5k.

4) There are certain networks who contact to the people who has good number of followers. They will ask you to twit about their brand and pay you for that.

tony2017

You can also make money by promoting affiliate products that are in the same niche on twitter for some extra revenue. Promoting other peoples product is an additional revenue stream. Sale your visitors items that go along with your website and that will add additional value.

KarenByerly

Hi,

Help other peoples to marketing their products through your account and take some $$$ from them. This way you can earn some money.

denisehilton

In my opinion you can only earn money from twitter in one way that is if you have a lot of followers you can promote your website links by tweeting them.

TopHatSEO

I've never had a lot of success monetising followers on Twitter but I've also not spent much time on it (probably a connection there).

That said, of course you can make money with Twitter. Even if you have a relatively small following, if they are real users, who are interested in the type of content that you are sharing, and you can make an authentic connection, then you should be able to sell them something - affiliate offers, products, services etc.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views