Google Keyword Planner Change - Avg. Monthly Searches

Sean78Black

Today I did a search for some keywords on Google keyword planner and noticed that it no longer is giving an exact figure for the "Average Monthly Searches"

It is just giving me a range, for example a range could be from 10k-100k

make-money-online-keyword.jpg

It says for detailed view you have to setup and run a camping, I did not try that yet

Is it only me? How bad is this for estimating a keyword value

What are your thoughts?

paul1129

They are doing so people will be forced to run some campaigns atleast. I bet that about 90% of the keyword planner were free users until now.

Muzzamil

Today I did a search for some keywords on Google keyword planner and noticed that it no longer is giving an exact figure for the "Average Monthly Searches"

It is just giving me a range, for example a range could be from 10k-100k

View attachment 1696

It says for detailed view you have to setup and run a camping, I did not try that yet

Is it only me? How bad is this for estimating a keyword value

What are your thoughts?
It's not only you, I also saw the same thing on my side.

Miguelito203

I don't like it. With that said, they still give you a range, and it's not like it was totally accurate to begin with. I think that if you used it long enough before, you kind of know where stuff falls. I wonder if they are any other free, good tools out that operate like the planner used to?

Joey

EpicGlobalWeb

EpicGlobalWeb
You're right. It is not 100% anyway. You'll notice Google only publishes search data, never click data, in the Planner.

sidrawat

Hi,

I have checked it last month, i think this update have been made due to free account subscribers using keyword planner with taking campaigns. So i think you should take some adword compaigning to get exact number of searches.

Thanks

EpicGlobalWeb

You know what? I think this might be a good change for selling SEO services. Before it wasn't easy to convince a prospect that only 10 people are looking for "spa in detroit" per month. But now "up to 100" people are looking for it LOL!

This is good for commerce.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.