Better to Develop or Parked domains?

roggy

I have several domains that have not built a complete site yet, and it has more potential to get clicks because they are exact match domains. Now my question is would it be better to develop these domains into mini sites or just let them as parked domains to get visitors who click to my domains when they search related keywords?

Rob Whisonant

Personally I would build some quick mini sites on them. Then as time permits build them out. As you see stray key phrases popping up in your stats, build pages for them.

The only time I would park a domain is if it was a type-in domain.

Ron Killian

But are they showing up in the SERPS if they are only parked? And how much traffic?

I agree with Rob, could be best to put something on them, some content. At the least could help to get ranked.

ulterios

I always liked building a mini site with a couple of pages in most cases but it kind of depends on the domain and if I am going to be holding it long term or looking for a quick sale as well as a few other factors.

If the domain gets a lot of type in traffic then I usually try parking it to see how well it earns. If it earns well then I might just leave it parked but if it doesn't then i'll just get a couple page site up on it.

Of course there are exceptions to these usual practices but those are dealt with on a name by name basis that depends on many factors.

mantra

I had a high traffic domain that was parked and earned a decent income. Ended up selling the domain for $XXX and made out well.
It was also an exact match domain. Unless the domain gets tons of hits and the potential to develop and make even more is there, I would leave it as parked.

Zack

I have several domains that have not built a complete site yet, and it has more potential to get clicks because they are exact match domains. Now my question is would it be better to develop these domains into mini sites or just let them as parked domains to get visitors who click to my domains when they search related keywords?
If they are domains that would get a lot of traffic then parking might be the best choice. If they don't get traffic then you might want to build some kind of mini site and put some related affiliate ads on them.

lithin

I would suggest developing the domain if you are interested in the topic. Otherwise just leave it for parking.
Parking income is always less compared to Adsense income from a developed site. You have full control of the domain and try different monetization tricks if you develop to website. But keep in mind that it is going to cost you web hosting prices and content creating prices.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.