What do you do when you find yourself procrastinating?

Rob Whisonant

When I find myself procrastinating I do the following.

I set a timer for 15 minutes. I then do what ever I want and procrastinate all I want until the timer goes off.

I then reset the timer and work on a task until it goes off again. I tell my self it is only 15 minutes, it's not that long.

I then reset the timer again and procrastinate all I want until it goes off.

I keep repeating the above steps for the next several hours.

Funny thing is I find I actually get more work done in a shorter period of time doing this. :)

What do you do when you find yourself procrastinating?

Ron Killian

Very good tip Rob, never thought about something like that.

Couple things I do, not that I am consistent...

A to-do list, pencil and paper, so I can physically cross things off, just seems to keep me more focused and usually more in work mode.

Also, I get up and do other things around the house, accomplish other tasks. Least I am getting something done and it seems to motivate me to do work.

Well, works for me. :)

Ron Killian

Pencil and paper for me. Dirt cheap. And more environmentally friendly. Never need to replace batteries, charge, reboot or upgrade.

Well, okay, it's a mechanical pencil so I do need to add lead some times.

Maybe I am odd or weird, but it seems to be more of an accomplishment when I can actually, physically, cross something off a list. A whole piece of paper with everything crossed off feels great.

Rob Whisonant

Nothing wrong with keeping it simple with pencil and paper. I still keep some todos on a small yellow pad that I scratch out as they are done. I end up with a lot of trash to toss out though. :)

Joie

When I find myself procrastinating, I simply think of the reason why I am doing it in the first place. Every morning, It became my habit to list down the things I have to accomplish that day, and the very next day, so the workload won't end up on my desk.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.