What are the differences between desktop SEO and mobile SEO?

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
In terms of Google, in terms of Bing, what are the differences between desktop SEO and mobile SEO? I know the difference between mobile theme and desktop theme in web design field but for SEO field, I don't have any concepts for them. Does any one explain me?

Thanks!
Marc

Ron Killian

I am no SEO epxert, but it's said websites, or mobile version, need to be mobile friendly, mobile usable and fits on a mobile screen

Muzzamil

In terms of Google, in terms of Bing, what are the differences between desktop SEO and mobile SEO? I know the difference between mobile theme and desktop theme in web design field but for SEO field, I don't have any concepts for them. Does any one explain me?

Thanks!
Marc
As long as your website works on mobile devices then you the process of SEO is the same. This is because Search Engines stay the same and works almost the same both on Desktop and Mobile Devices.

tarunap

Mobile optimised site is crawlable by Googlebot-Mobile, and that if you have redirects in place that they are configured correctly and don't drop the searcher somewhere irrelevant like a homepage. Mobile pages with a desktop counterpart you should set rel=alternate/canonical tags accordingly to preserve link equity. Google recommends responsive design because it eliminates a lot of these issues.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.