What kind of SEO are these sites doing?

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
When you do a Google search, relevant Quora or Stack Overflow questions show up at the first page of Google results. What kind of techniques do those companies use to accomplish this? are they doing any special SEO techniques to achieve such high search results?

aceofadsense

I suppose no more people can know which SEO techniques or marketing campaigns those sites are doing, if no, they could build same sites and succeeded like Quora and Stack Overflow.

Muzzamil

When you do a Google search, relevant Quora or Stack Overflow questions show up at the first page of Google results. What kind of techniques do those companies use to accomplish this? are they doing any special SEO techniques to achieve such high search results?
Websites such as Stack flow and Quora very popular among search engines, and also many people post questions on these websites and they get answered. So every time put a question in google search bar, sites such as yahoo and Quora come up first because that's where most of the answers are found.

hrishivardhan

Actually they didn't needed any technique like SEO there is simple reason why they are ranking in every google query and it is very simple

they have the huge amount of relevant content which is created by the end user not by the quora or the stack overflow. and as we know relavant content always ranks higher though it is created by the third party user so it is more trust worthy for the google.

This is the simple reason they are ranking in all the terms of questioning queries.

TCoder

Just think about it, understand what's happening, then figure out ways to use it to your advantage. :)

The Ebook Giant

The Ebook Giant
You got me thinking hard about this.

If you run a website that sells eBooks (user-published etc) what would be the defining factor for getting the eBooks to the first page and making them more relevant to Google than any other results?

Sorry for hijacking the thread. This got me interested.

The Ebook Giant

Elaborate your way of thinking please.

Basically how I see it is: Relevance. Users ask a ton of questions (thus creating more content for StackOverflow) which include keywords and tags that are relevant to the searches. What I don't know for sure is, does AdWords play an important part in this?

TCoder

TCoder
Quora is a question and answer site, that ranks well in google for a lot of keywords.

So use that to your advantage.

If you're trying to sell "Mr. Guidee's Ebook on Cooking Eggs"

Then post a question on Quora "How to cook eggs?"

Then in your question you say, "I read on <Link to your e-book> that you should used a copper Pan too cook eggs in. Why is using a copper pan better? Do I need to go out and buy one?"

Now Google will rank that question on Quora, the user will click on the question "How to cook eggs" they will then click on the link to your site and maybe buy your e-book.

SEO - Is Search Engine Optimization - And you just optimized it to send customers to your site through a proxy site called "Quora"

SEO to me is about getting customers to my site via Search Engines, so they can learn about what I have to offer. You can do that in many different ways, not just the most obvious ways.

SamanthaBrey82

I've personally used Yahoo answers in the past to target certain keywords, but asking questions with one account and then replying with other ones that have links to my websites. As far as those question pages getting listed on Google, it depends how much competition there is for the keywords you're targeting.

Google naturally ranks those q&a websites highly, so if you're targeting a certain search term, include the exact phrase in the question that you're asking. That way it appears in the title when Google ranks it.

bl4ckhat

yes authority sites work great as parasites too by directly ranking them for your term ;)
google picks certain sites as "authority" for specific niches. that means if a site is getting lots of attention from other sites and users it eventually becomes what google calls an authority page. once that status is reached anything ranks easily for them.

SamanthaBrey82

Those are really popular websites that have tons of new content every day, so Google ranks them very highly. I wouldn't try to compete with them or try and mimic their marketing, because they're so massive that unless you're a huge website, it's not worth it.

It's better to focus on a niche, do a website/landing page for it and get ranked. Then move on to another niche.

mackrodd

Quora has over 100 million user in their platform who ask and answer questions in several niches. so quora has the advantage to get over 3 million backlinks from Google alone and able to rank for very competitive keywords.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.