Webmaster Sun you should get rid of the red " +Reply to Thread" button on the bottom

TCoder

It's not needed on the bottom of the thread, above the actual reply box.

I tend to click on it and lose the post I was just about to make.

I'm sure others have done this also.

wms

Administrator
Staff member
It's not needed on the bottom of the thread, above the actual reply box.

I tend to click on it and lose the post I was just about to make.

I'm sure others have done this also.
Thanks for your suggestion, I think it also is a thing I should improve for members don't lose their replies, by chance clicking on that button when wrote content in the reply box below.

I think I will make "Post quick reply", "Go advanced" and "Cancel" button look stronger to make members pay more attention to them.

Other than that, I will go with Ron's reply because you may not be familiar using some functions on this forum cms.

Regards,

Rob Whisonant

I just learned something. I never knew how the multi quote was done. Just tried it and that does make things a lot easier when responding to multiple posts. Now I know why that big red button is extremely useful.

TCoder

It is needed when you do multi-quote.

I've never had a problem.
It's not needed (where it's located), Once you check a bunch of post to "quote", you can just click the "reply with quote" link on any of those posts, it's actually much faster then scrolling down and move your mouse all the way to left to click that button.

I just think the placement is in a bad location.

Thanks for your suggestion, I think it also is a thing I should improve for members don't lose their replies, by chance clicking on that button when wrote content in the reply box below.

I think I will make "Post quick reply", "Go advanced" and "Cancel" button look stronger to make members pay more attention to them.

Other than that, I will go with Ron's reply because you may not be familiar using some functions on this forum cms.

Regards,
Maybe move it down under the Quick Reply Section and make the "Post Quick Reply" button stand out better (as you suggested) and move it all the way to the right.

You can also toss up a dialog box, asking them to confirm. If someone clicks the "+ Reply to thread" when they have text already written in the reply box. That will work also.

Just my preference, might be a cultural thing.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views