Google updates Penguin to 4.0

vishwa

Hello Friends,

Recently on searchengineland, They have confirm that Google have updated Penguin 4.0 and it is released on 23th September 2016.

I want to ask that If anyone of you see any fluctuations in website ranking. However My website jump its ranking after the update. Waiting for your response.

lisa

I could not read whole the article, what are main things in this update? what type of website will Google Penguin affect to?
I also have noticed that my organic traffic increased x1.5 times since Thursday this week. May be my site is getting good signals from this update.

Rob Whisonant

This is a really good update. If you accidentally get caught in their filter you can make changes to your site and not have to wait months to be back to normal and show back up in the search results.

TCoder

I'm not sure this update is suppose to make you jump leaps and bounds, I think some people will get dinged, but I don't think lets say 25 sites ahead of you will get dinged. I guess the impact will be if you were penalized, with this update, maybe you're not penalized anymore. That will cause a big jump.

webdesign

Can some one tell me briefly about this update....I didn't get it properly.!!???
This is the definition from Wikipedia about Google Penguin

Google Penguin is a codename for a Google algorithm update that was first announced on April 24, 2012. The update is aimed at decreasing search engine rankings of websites that violate Google's Webmaster Guidelines by using now declared black-hat SEO techniques involved in increasing artificially the ranking of a webpage by manipulating the number of links pointing to the page. Such tactics are commonly described as link schemes. According to Google's John Mueller, Google has announced all updates to the Penguin filter to the public.
Hope you know how to avoid Google Penguin for your websites :)

Williams Reus

Real Time Penguin is now live! Google just announced on their official Webmaster blog that after a period of development and testing, they are now rolling out an update to the Penguin algorithm in all languages.

webdesign

Real Time Penguin is now live! Google just announced on their official Webmaster blog that after a period of development and testing, they are now rolling out an update to the Penguin algorithm in all languages.
I have not care Google Algorithm Updates for a long time, If your blogs followed Google & SEO guidelines, you don't need to care about them any more.
It resulted in low keyword ranking for me.
If you write content on your websites like this then I am sure Google Penguin loved your sites :)

iamchinmay

It's taken almost two years, however in a declaration on the Google Webmaster Central Blog, it was made authority that the Penguin channel is presently some portion of Google's center hunt calculation. Google clarify in their post that there are "more than 200 one of a kind flags or intimations that make it conceivable to surface what you [the user] may search for". Content freshness, catchphrases on a page and Penguin being case of these.

CyberAlchemist

Hello Friends,

Recently on searchengineland, They have confirm that Google have updated Penguin 4.0 and it is released on 23th September 2016.

I want to ask that If anyone of you see any fluctuations in website ranking. However My website jump its ranking after the update. Waiting for your response.
My website traffic increased after Google Penguin 4.0 updates, I saw many intern marketing forums changed their positions on search engine results, some increased while other decreased. Google Penguin 4.0 update was a gift to any sites.

semidot

All people know about Penguin 4.0 but most of the people do not know about mechanism behind it. Can anyone tell here that what changes will happen with this updates. And, what we need to consider here with this update and what we need to avoid in this update please tell me elaborately.

vishwa

vishwa
You can click [URLnf="http://searchengineland.com/google-updates-penguin-says-now-real-time-part-core-algorithm-259302"]this url[/URLnf] It will give you detailed insights about Penguin 4.0 update. Hope it will help you.

SamanthaBrey82

One of the biggest changes it seems that Google made with this update is how it gauges the value of backlinks and other links. They made it so pages will penalized if it detects spam links or automated links being seeded throughout the Internet. It did hurt some people's rankings that I know of, like from first page to third page in google, so it was the biggest change in quite a while.

sanjay7

Yes this a real time update & we can recover faster than before. After this update my website's rank went down but, now I have recovered it & my traffic is also increased.

Miguelito203

I read about this but wasn't sure if it was true or not. Sites I've had up for a while have seen any changes, but I have put up some newer sites that are struggling to get traffic. I'm not sure if it's because of the updates or if it's that the product for one site I put up hasn't launched, yet. I guess I will have to keep a watch on things.

Joey

StasVa

I read about this but wasn't sure if it was true or not. Sites I've had up for a while have seen any changes, but I have put up some newer sites that are struggling to get traffic. I'm not sure if it's because of the updates or if it's that the product for one site I put up hasn't launched, yet. I guess I will have to keep a watch on things.

Joey
That's true. The last update is really awesome and change the game, even if will be some issues on the start, in a long term it's great news.

Don't see any significant fluctuations in website ranking. But lots of our clients sites climbed in Ranking for some local keywords, but I would not say that the ranking has changed dramatically. Sites on the first ranking page, the actual are the same as they were.

We created a couple of websites for testing. I wonder how instantly and how will act updated algorithm. But I will say it again the new approach is awesome. It's a big change in the game.

All people know about Penguin 4.0 but most of the people do not know about mechanism behind it. Can anyone tell here that what changes will happen with this updates. And, what we need to consider here with this update and what we need to avoid in this update please tell me elaborately.
So backlinks were very strong signal for Google (In fact, still are).
In the period 2009-2013 year, for ranking faster, people started to buy an abnormal amount of backlinks to their websites sites. So Google reacted by creating Penguin algorithm whose task was to fight backlink spam by domain penalization. But it worked separately from the core algorithm and only when google initiated the new update. So some spammy websites and doorways could be in index for a long time. Or if people got Google penalty, they often had to wait for the next update to get out from it. To help you understand the terms: The last update was over 2 years ago.

What will change the new update ?

1.Time !
With this change, Penguin's data is refreshed in real time, so changes will be visible much faster, typically taking effect shortly Google will recrawl and reindex a page.
You don't need to wait years for google reaction to yours or your competitors backlinks. You can find faster your issues and react by making changes that will improve your backlink profile.

2. The second big change that Penguin now devalues spam by adjusting ranking based on spam signals, rather than affecting ranking of the whole site. I think Google will be penalizing extremely spammy domains (in backlink term) but only manually.

If we are talking about the changes in the game. It's steel depends how Google exactly will react. For example, if will be a temporary gap between the reindex and penguin affect. It is easy to guess that black hat SEO will create lots of links to individual pages to get them to the top of index for some keywords, and will attract fast traffic to the website where will redirect it to other pages. If it will work ideal without a time gap, that will be the different story.

On the other hand, I think now it's even more important to control what's happening with you backlinks. And actually I think from Google Penguin remained only the "name". Google changed the attitude for backlinks. Maybe if the new algorithm will work good, the role of backlink even will be bigger. Initially, backlinks signals become weaker due to the Black SEO activity.
But while this is only a theory, what will happen in fact nobody know. And Google words should be treated with restraint. They are not always fully honest in such kind of situations.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.