Open a web design company in USA?

CyberAlchemist

The only thing I concern is that the website development market is still good these day? I mean lots of web design companies out there providing website development and not in USA but oversea as well. Is it still possible to open a web design company in USA for profits?

Rob Whisonant

I know several people that have web design companies that deal with their LOCAL market and do very well. They do get out and go to b2b events and also go door knocking. They go out and get business and don't rely on attracting it over the Internet.

mellisas

Now a days many local business companies outsourcing website development to freelancer in cheap rates, therefore you can grab the website development locally and outsource it to freelancer, therefore no need to open a company in USA.

mantra

If your rates are competitive to those overseas, then you can definitely grab some local and online business.
Price is one criteria, I personally look for when hiring a freelancer or company. If I know both can provide the same quality of work, then it comes down to Price and Availability of the person or company.

Rob Whisonant

Rob Whisonant
When dealing with a local brick and mortar business, the lowest price is not any concern. These type of business don't go looking overseas for someone that will do the work for the lowest price.

Dealing with a local professional that they can meet face to face is what most want. They are willing to pay a fair price for quality.

Don't fall for the lowest price wins mentality. Lowest price many times means lowest quality. You end up paying twice when you have to buy the same service again to get what you want.

EpicGlobalWeb

^^ I agree with Rob. Local businesses in your zip code usually don't mind price as much as you think. They would much rather care about yourself. In fact, I will tell you that every time I go out and canvas my area I get a job. Sometimes its a little $300 job or sometimes it's over a grand. It really doesn't matter because I'm the only one here going out while everyone else is scrambling to be the top guy on Freelancer (lol).

Also, your services are tax deductible. Despite what the news says about the economy, businesses still have a ton of money and if they don't they have a ton of credit. The vast majority of businesses routinely get faxes for quarter million dollar loan offers in my area, especially manufacturers. So charging $1,000 for a website is nothing to them. They want you to be friendly and solve some kind of problem.

When I owned a physical building I bought from almost every salesman that walked into my door. I bought advertising in newspapers and TV simply because they walked in and asked for the business. I respect (and your prospects will too) anyone who has the balls enough to walk into my store and ask me for money. That takes brass balls.

You're not going to get thrown out and they're not going to be annoyed with you personally. If they tell you to come back later just come back later and go visit another business. Treat it like it's a job. You have to go out selling for 8 hours a day or your boss (in my case, my wife) will fire you. She will divorce you and the judge will order you to pay her all the money you'll ever make and you can't see your kid until she's 18. That's what I pretend when I go out selling LOL!

You can go to the post office website and look up "every door direct mail." You'll get an exact number of how many businesses are in your zip code. Then just go visit them! You can even do an entity search for your state and find out their names for free or simply buy a listing (Info USA or Robert Eagle sells them cheap - Robert Eagle is very price-friendly).

So in that sense saturation doesn't really matter. The people who buy from India and freelance sites are usually government entities or very large corporations who employee corporate buyers to buy on price. If you look at some of the largest companies out there, check out their websites. You'll find that they suck. Some aren't even responsive.

Another thing to keep in mind when selling web design is that you might not actually be selling web design. The customer cares most about what your product DOES rather than what it IS. If the customer already has a website but it isn't mobile friendly, then you now have a hook for them. You say, "hey, I saw your advertisement online. I can double your ad conversions this week." And you do that by making their site mobile friendly and now 62% of surfers can see their website better :D

EpicGlobalWeb

Always focus on the problem you're solving. Which is usually to increase sales through conversion rates.

CyberAlchemist

If your rates are competitive to those overseas, then you can definitely grab some local and online business.
Price is one criteria, I personally look for when hiring a freelancer or company. If I know both can provide the same quality of work, then it comes down to Price and Availability of the person or company.
You are right on this, I prefer hiring freelancer over web design company because they used to offer lower price for web services that I needed.

Web design is a very good option if you can provide quality service, there will always be clients looking for you and willing to work with you as they dont really mind about little extra cost if they are serious about the service.
What are quality web design services in your mind? can you share more details?

You can go to the post office website and look up "every door direct mail." You'll get an exact number of how many businesses are in your zip code. Then just go visit them! You can even do an entity search for your state and find out their names for free or simply buy a listing (Info USA or Robert Eagle sells them cheap - Robert Eagle is very price-friendly).
How to archieve this? this is a good idea to contact potential customers but I am not sure if they solve the kind of this service or how can we collect emails from these websites?

crazycoder

Quality can simply be defined as the overall design/product you deliver including the customer experience.

1) The way you acknowledge a new lead and provide them with a genuine info
2) Then the questions you ask and the ability to understand what exactly your client is looking for/has in mind
3) Putting the exact ideas into designs and making visually stunning touch.
4) Using a clean code
5) Support offered to them and post sales follow up

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.