Have a look at my site

Status
Not open for further replies.

mantra

Please take a look at my site and offer your thoughts.

anurva.com

Thank you in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

Rob Whisonant

I'm going to be honest with you so I hope you don't take what I am going to say personally and you take it as constructive criticism.

It looks like every other run of the mill bargain hosting program. What is YOUR unique selling point? What makes you the best place to buy hosting? Why should I trust your hosting? Who hosts with you already? What is in it for me if I host with you?

See what I am getting at? Make your business and offers stand out from the crowd.

Ron Killian

Is this a review or promotion?

I am with Rob, nothing special. Sorry. He's right, there is little selling, little, "What's in it for them".

Actually some, or all of what you have in the right said bar, should be up top, least the main selling points....

Supercharge your websites

We are there for you 24/7

Keep your websites secure

You might want to use a different font, looks pretty bad to me, it's not clear. Makes it harder to read. Top menu is even harder to see/read.

None of the packages list ram amount.

Under security, I don't think it's good to use the word "flaw", might put things in their mind.

I would think it would be better to list all the features on the main page. Don't want to make them click to see why they should use your service.

How to do you make money at $2 a month? That would actually be a red flag to me, being TOO cheap. But that is me.

Just my opinions.

ivanab

I Have to agree with Ron, $2/ mo... I would not buy it because it is that cheap :) Now, if you had $1 trial, with $7-10/ month, I would probably go for it. It would seem worth testing out.

It is not about CHEAP, it is about over delivering...I pay for my server 75/mo, and guess what, I love them because their customer support is awesome! They are always quick to respond and help me out.

lkovnih226

@The OP
Your site is simple and you need to improve on your website font. It is not really good.
In other words, your design is not completely responsive theme, its text could be hid some part when viewing on small screens.
You should find a good web designer on this forum or hiring some freelancers to improve your web template which will help you attract your visitors better.

I Have to agree with Ron, $2/ mo... I would not buy it because it is that cheap :) Now, if you had $1 trial, with $7-10/ month, I would probably go for it. It would seem worth testing out.

It is not about CHEAP, it is about over delivering...I pay for my server 75/mo, and guess what, I love them because their customer support is awesome! They are always quick to respond and help me out.
Yes I agree with you, I never go with cheap web hosting but in any cases, we still can get low price but good quality hosting services. The problem is how you will check services before purchasing or their hosting features.

mantra

All good points. Thank you very much!

It seems nowadays, people are really pushing low cost hosting. Is that a bad idea, or is that something that can be pushed if done correctly?
With so many options out there, who is willing to pay $7/8 per month, when others can offer for $2/3 per month.
That was my concern.

I understand the points on the font. I will make changes there.

Also in terms of price, I have 4 packages. Both low end and high end. From $2 to $12. Is that not a wide enough difference? I think it's important to realize not everyone that wants web hosting is looking to pay $7-10 per month. They just want a quick website hosted and dabble here and there. Agree or am I wrong in thinking that?

Rob Whisonant

Rob Whisonant
I have tested price points on many products. From super low to fairly high. The super low price points ALWAYS caused the following.

1. Higher percentage of refund requests
2. Higher percentage of chargebacks
3. Higher percentage of support requests

Note that I said percentage and not just number. Super low prices have always caused me more problems and work. They seem to attract the clientele you just don't want.

Compete with a unique selling point. Don't compete on price.

Set a fair price for what you offer.

Ron Killian

I agree with Rob. It's amazing how much support a person can request after spending $1.99.

And frankly, with your price points, you probably won't attract the "good" customers, the ones that are willing to pay good money for hosting. The ones that understand why good hosting is important. Plus those kinds of customers are probably more knowledgeable when it comes to hosting, so they probably won't require that much support.

Not to mention, what value do you put on your time? Help $2 a month customer just once and your already in the red.

I've never sold hosting, (don't want to), but I've hosted some offline clients years back and man can they suck up your time helping them with their websites.

What about offering higher price point plans? Then you won't be seen as the super cheap host. Just a thought.

But I am not an expert on providing hosting, so just my opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.