Best Video Editing software

mantra

What is the best software or service to edit videos for YouTube.
I want to include fancy effects, both text, sound, and other.

Thanks

Rob Whisonant

The top ones I have liked are Adobe Premier, Vegas Video and Camtasia.

ivanab

I have seen many products launched, however my very first Internet Marketing tool investment was Camtasia, and I still use it up to date.

vishwa

I am personally using Cyber Security Essentials suits to edit my videos. It works great to me. I highly recommend it to use at least one.

mantra

Thank you for the suggestions. I have heard of Camtasia and will give that product a try.

Anyone try the online services available to edit videos?

EpicGlobalWeb

You know what though, I've used Camtasia and I think Adobe Premier is a far superior product. For your purposes any of those should work. But Adobe Premier is used by many top companies.

TCoder

I use Bandicam, but I never used it for editing. Just recording video. Something to look into.

selenagomez1

I think the best video editing software includes,
- Sony Vegas Pro 13
- Camtasia Studio 8
- Corel Video Studio Pro X7
- Movie Maker 2012
- Adobe Premiere Pro CC
Movie Makers are very easy right now with the help of windows 10. However, if you just use software to create the normal videos for Youtube, Camtasia is the best for you!

Mike001

I have used them all and by far the best software out there for the average, and I am emphasizing the average user, is Camtasia Studio.

The learning curve is low, it has a ton of features, it works great with both screen captures and video cameras, it has a very intuitive studio editing software package, and the price is not too bad considering what it does.

It is not cheap, but then no good software is...

Adobe Premier is a great piece of software, but is very difficult to learn for a beginner, and unless you have a background in videography, many of the features you will not understand. It is a professional video editing package and as such has many features that the average person would never use. I also have never liked this monthly rental thing with the price. That monthly/yearly pricing model sucks. If you stop to really figure out what those software packages are costing you, it is insane.

I also do not like the compression algorithms with Adobe Premier. It seems that the file sizes are rather high using their compression settings and the quality is not improved with the higher file sizes.

Anyway just thought I would throw this in as I do a lot of video and use many of the packages that have been mentioned here.

As a side note: They have just released Camtasia Studio 9, as a member of TechSmith I received a copy about a month ago to go through and do some testing on. I was very impressed with the new features in the upgrade and the speed at which it compiles the videos. They have added a lot of new features, far too many to mention here but from what I have seen it is a really good piece of software.

Last edited:
Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.