What is Rankbrain in SEO?

roburtardis

Hello everyone..

i tried to find something related to rankbrain so i could understand exactly what is this but i can't:confused:. please help me for the same nd also tell me how its beneficial for us

Devin Holdcraft

As my research this term on Google search engine then Rankbrain is part of the Hummingbird alroithm update, and it used a machine learning technology to filder search results

Rankbrain-in-SEO.jpg

I found this image explaining about Rankbrain in SEO but not understand how it works.
Maybe needing someone here explain more.

SEOPub

That image looks like just a bunch of noise.

[URLnofo]https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RankBrain[/URLnofo]

EDIT: This is a better article about it.

[URLnofo]http://searchengineland.com/faq-all-about-the-new-google-rankbrain-algorithm-234440[/URLnofo]

Reactions: Mike001

Mike001

Mike001
Great article, SEOPub.

I should have turned to your first. I could have used this a few months ago. It confirms a lot of the things I found out, but has a lot more information on other areas.

As always thanks for the useful information.

Mike001

I have actually seen this graphic before as I was doing research for a class I was asked to give.

From the information that I could gather, this is what I found out. Keep in mind that as the algorithms are updated this is all subject to change as Google keeps their SEO information very close to the vest.

They now look at site analysis, how the site is designed, frameworks, structure, add on, etc. That is compared with the site traffic to determine an internal ranking factor, how they calculate the factor I have not been able to determine. Obviously this is something that they will not release as it could be used to manipulate rankings.

Then those values are compared to the actual site content and the back links. As best I could determine these are used to see if the ranking, traffic and analysis compare to the actual content and the back links. This actually makes sense to see if the ranking are being manipulated. Manipulated rankings will normally not have the traffic or the high quality back links that would be needed to get the the actual ranking. Again, as best I could determine, this is kind of a spot check on the ranking to see if the ranking makes sense based on the content and back links.

Then a determination is made if the keywords pertain to the content of the site. As most of us know manipulation of keywords was a big problems in site rankings for many years and as such they have a lot less impact on SEO then they use to. But again, as best I could determine they look to see if the keywords entered pertain to the content.

Then an SEO factor is established for the site.

What I found most interesting about this graphic was the last few steps. You will notice that it goes through site architecture. I have noticed over the last 18 months or so, that many of the sites that I was developing for customers, were receiving penalties for improper use of tag structure. I had never seen that before.

With some of the tools I was using to check the sites prior to going live, I would see penalties for improper heading structure, alt attribute usage, improper link structure, mobile responsiveness etc. I had never seen these types of penalty points before. The majority of them pertained to tag structure, mobile responsiveness and accessibility.

When I was doing research into this I ran across a couple of articles from the IETF (Internet Engineering Task Force) that talked about accessibility, mobile responsiveness, HTML5 tag and attribute structure, etc. The articles talked about SEO and how HTML5, when fully implemented will impact the SEO of a site. It appears based on some of the penalty points I was seeing that these are coming to age in some the search engines, both Google, Bing, Yahoo and Ask. I have not seen it some of the other engines yet, but they are probably not far behind.

This should be a big concern to anyone using some of the more popular CMS systems, as those systems are designed in a one size fits all architecture. There are 100's sometimes 1000's of lines of code on pages that do not pertain to the actual site. Based on what we are seeing with the HTML5 architecture considerations that would impact the site architecture calculations.

As I am still working on writing the class, this research is far from complete. And as we all know the algorithms for SEO are constantly being updated to circumvent anyone trying to game the system.

Just thought I would share what I had seen since the question came up.

vedika

Rank Brain is an artificial intelligence (AI) program used to help process Google search queries.
RankBrain uses artificial intelligence to embed vast amounts of written language into mathematical entities, called vectors, that the computer can understand.
If RankBrain sees a word or phrase it isnt familiar with, the machine can make a guess as to what words or phrases might have a similar meaning and filter the result accordingly, making it more effective at handling never-before-seen search queries.
In practice, for a search phrase like “How many tablespoons in a cup?”, Google’s Rank Brain will show different search results based on things like what country the search was made from.
Google told Search Engine Land that RankBrain favoured different results in Australia versus the United States for that query because the measurements in each country are different, despite the similar names.
And it’s effective: Google search engineers were asked to look at some pages and guess which ones they thought Google’s search engine technology would rank at the top of search results.
While Google search engineers guessed correctly 70 percent of the time, Rank Brain had an 80 percent success rate.
Overall, Rank Brain is capable of learning and recognizing new patterns and then revising SERPS (search engine results page) based on its new knowledge.

How important is Rank Brain?
RankBrain is one of the “hundreds” of signals that go into an algorithm that determines what results appear on a Google search page and where they are ranked.
According to Google it’s the third most important factor in determining the results that appear in your search queries.
At the moment, Google’s Rank Brain is reported to be responsible for 15% of all online searches and is now one of the most important signal out of the hundreds of signals used to determine search ranking.

How Will Rank Brain Affect Your SEO?
The first step in developing an SEO campaign has always been about defining your keywords.
When you’re defining your keywords, you will be looking for relevant keywords to your business that customers are searching for. This has always been the foundation to a successful SEO campaign.
If you’re targeting keywords customers are not searching for, then your campaign is doomed from the beginning.
This part of the SEO process, the foundation, is what Rank Brain will most affect.
Before Rank Brain, Google’s software engineers would create a mathematical algorithm that would determine search rankings. That algorithm would be a constant until an update was made.
However, with Rank Brain that algorithm is now learning and constantly changing.
As a result, your SEO campaign has to be more nimble and adaptable to changes in the search engine rankings landscape.

clickinc

Rankbrain is an AI alogritham that helps google to know more about the intention and context behind the users search.

emililadjet

RankBrain uses artificial intelligence to integrate large amounts of written language into mathematical entities, I think most SEOs can optimize for rankbrain

HostechSupport

The RankBrain is an AI function built to help Google search engine to understand search queries and helps Google to process search results and provide more relevant search results for users.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.