Directory Submission is Good or Bad for Ranking?

madhuri04

Hello,

I am Confuse about Directory Submission is good or bad in 2016 because many people told about that directory submission is not worthable in 2016 Help me What can I do?

Thank you In advance.

vishwa

Directory submission are now old days talk. It has almost zero effect on your SEO. However getting links from High authority sites like Dmoz will work. But to get listed in these directories is very hard.

selenagomez1

Directory submission is still an advantage for us today. Google has also counted it as a source of backlinks to your site. However, in order to get the good backlinks and avoid Google's algorithm, you should choose the best directory submission like Dmoz, the best directory, and so on since they are good and not for spamming.

There are two types of links, free (not sure if it gets your site accepted) and fee (will be on the top of list). You can make up your mind!

Rob Whisonant

In general directory submissions are a total waste of time. The only ones you should submit to is ones that ACTUALLY send you good traffic. You are going to find out that most of these are PAID submission directories.

Using a directory auto submitter only makes it's creator money. They are a complete waste of money and time.

Just say NO to directory submissions. :)

Now... If you have a LOCAL site, and you can find popular LOCAL directories, then they are worth submitting to.

hrishivardhan

Directory submission are very old days talk. I agree on this but it's totally depends on which kind of directories you are choosing for the submission.

If you are choosing right directories then you can have good benefits from it, other wise you also can be penalized for spammy link buildings.

alinajack

Directory Submission still works if you do on niche websites. Use the proper content to provide the information not the promotion. Try to get natural links. Do the quality submissions not the quantity.

brucemesnekoff

Only do high page rank directory submission it will help to improve your back-link strength. Low page rank directory submission is affecting your page rank.

Thanks
Bruce Mesnekoff

Bat2100

It wouldn't do damage to you site to have them. But they don't have the effect they used to have back in the days. This is your choice. It doesn't hurt to have but you will waste time.

LorisZ

some high PR Directory submissions work now. for backlinks you can do guest posting, or blogging, forum posting with quality content.

Unknown

I personally wouldn't bother with directory submission because they're all very outdated and usually worthless. It's a waste of your time. You can get backlinks with it but they're most often very low quality. You want to focus only on high-quality backlinks which are acquired through things like guest posts.

If you do end up bothering with the directory submission then try to find one that has somewhat related content to your site. I hope that this helps a bit ;)

rawatgoal

It's one of an old trend in SEO, but i am still using this activity as part of my SEO plan. And i am getting good impact from instant approval websites, with high PR. You should check the Spam rate as well as PA, DA of website for better results.
And yes its not completely gone. Thanks

SEOPub

SEOPub
Google has not updated PR data publicly for almost 4 years. You have no idea what the PageRank is for any webpage on the internet right now.

PA and DA are useless 3rd party metrics. I would not make any decisions based on their garbage.

rawatgoal

rawatgoal
So without knowing authority of any website, how can you do Off-page SEO of your website. And it's not garbage for me. This is what is left after Google removed PR data of websites. And this is not the concern of the topic we are discussing about. It was just about directory submission is still working as part of SEO strategy or not.

Thanks

edwardkenway

In seo everything is important, if you only works with directory submission then it would be worthless. Beside it you can do more things like:

Bookmarking
Posting in different forum site
Posting articles different sites
blog commenting
pdf submission
Even, e-mail marketing is very useful for ranking up a site. So, doing only directory submission is not worth, but if you do directory submission with these then it will be helpful.

daikaads

daikaads
Oh man!! Still using the spam bookmarking techniques?
1. Bookmarking is completely waste
2. Forum is not much effective as natural as you think
3. Guest Posting - Google issued a warning on this
4. Blog Comments - Blog Comments dofollow backlinks are complete no-follow now
5. PDF Submission - Same like blog comments

The only technique I agree with you is Email Marketing which gives you enormous traffic if you target the right audience.

linconcley

On these days directory is working like before. And in seo this is very old method if you want waste your time you can do it. Maybe paid directory can be work but i don't have much knowledge about paid versions. Everyday methods are changing in seo, so in this way email marketing can be nice one for getting more visors on a website.

Naksh

I dont think directory submissions work! They are sheer waste of time as you are placed in the queue and reviewed after months which is not guaranteed too. You can do better link building activities instead which are already discussed by forum members ahead in comments.

vincent007

Right now this is very old method of off page seo, though it was worked good before but right now doing it is worthless. Maybe paid version of it can be work here though i am not much familiar with it. But, you can do infographic submission, pdf ppt submission, run some ppc, email marketing, sem, web2.0, video submission etc.

venkatweetz

Its still worth. But don't take decision based on the DA & PA. Try to evaluate the site by trust flow, traffic & human edited option.

itarachiu

Only the top ones directories which are not free maybe worth, to receive some juice and to boost a little bit the backlinks profile but nothing more otherwise submitting your site to alot of spammy directories is not a really good ideea.

JanviArora

You can do niche specific submissions on directories which has high Domain Authority(DA). Otherwise it's not gonna make any difference. Instead, Guest Posting, Forum Participation, Questions and Answers submissions with quality content help you boost your website traffic.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
joe
Replies
Views
ion
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.