I have never understood this about Instagram

longmont

When I have tried to use this from my phone in the past it was just a picture and description and tagging, nothing that hasn't already existed, so why do so many people use it?

Last edited:

Mike001

Longmont,

You need to be a little more descriptive, what exactly are you talking about. Is it a problem with Instagram?

EpicGlobalWeb

One of the reasons why Facebook bought Instagram was because Facebook noticed that more engagement was coming from pictures and other visual content. In fact, entire Facebook pages can be built with just pictures. You might have seen a bunch of political pictures of Hillary and Trump lately with a brief one-liner about the poster's view of them.

So in a sense, you're right, this is not something that hasn't ever been done before. But the reason why it exists is because at one point Instagram was actually a formidable threat to Facebook, thus the buy-out. It is much more for this reason than additional functionality or creative uses.

Another reason why it is still running strong is because of its viewership. They are mostly millennials and generation X users, which, unfortunately, have some of the lowest attention spans in history. Thus, the engagement on Instagram is useful to them because they can consume content on it quickly without thinking, which actually contributes to the problem of diminishing attention spans but is nonetheless the reason still.

StasVa

Well because pictures and photo is very effective content and engage people more.
By developing smartphones and hand camera's it's very easy now to produce and exchange it. And Instagram make the process easier.
Next step will be video, that's why Periscope and Snapchat becoming new Instagrams.

matteomatt

One of the main reasons is because it is very easy to follow people and get at least some follows back. It is picture heavy, so if you can learn to take advantage of that in some way it gets you alot of good followers.

KleponPink

Hi Longmont,
One picture worth ten thousand words. It is easier to make people envy and want to have the same experiences like in the pictures. In short, it actually describes experiences, shows prestige that can be used to promote things and products.
On top of that, it is now used as a shopping platform as it easy and practical (you can access it using your phone)

DuyLinh

That's the interesting thing from life my friend.

It's not gonna always happen like what you thought.

Just only pictures can be a huge empire.

Why? Pictures could talk, picture could help you safe your great moment in life.

People love that. It does not need to be complicated to be great, does not need to have a lot of infomation live forums

Does not need to have a lot of comment of connect life Facebook. Just picture. That's it.

I think that if this is not make sense for you, then you don't need to understand, then just need to adapt

Be watter my friend!

aretteprieve

Nowadays people love to take photos so they love to share them as well. Instagram is the perfect place for that: photos, videos, stories, carousels - all this atract users perfectly that's why brands and celebrities create their account to gain more popularity by making just one great picture

ion

Me too. I'm actually satisfied with my one social account, and that's Facebook, I can do also the things that I want to do in my Facebook account maybe the same things features in Instagram. I think the only thing that easy to do in Instagram is to follow your idolize person, some actors, actresses, singers, all of the artist you want to follow. to know what things or gossip of your favorite artist posted on their social account.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.