What is website clone or clone script?

roburtardis

Hello,

Can anyone tell me about what is website clone or clone script? and how it can be useful. because i mostly read this word in some of I.T company's website

mantra

A website clone or clone script is a website or script that mimics other websites in the look and functionality.

For example, you will find many clones for Groupon, Flippa, AirBNB, and others.

It's for someone that wants the look and feel of a site that is already popular. They want to take that idea and create a similar concept.

This usually isn't a good idea, because in most cases your site will not be any different and the first and most popular version will always supercede whatever concept you come up with.

If you do choose to go with a clone website/script, you should do as much to customize the look and feel to set yourself apart. Otherwise, you will always be considered a clone of this or that, and that may not be the feedback you want.

You can check out clonescripts.com for what kind of scripts / sites are getting cloned.

EpicGlobalWeb

mantra, there are quite a few good reasons to clone a website. Sometimes it is for educational purposes to learn code. Other more serious examples are for security penetration testing.

Of course, you're absolutely correct about copying not being a good idea in general. However, as far as SEO goes, that is more about the copy content rather than the design, because CSS doesn't have AS MUCH impact as other forms of content.

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.