Monetizing Google Plus Communities - Your excperiences

Ergoprime

I want to make a Google Plus Community and let it grow for about 6 months, till I begin to post some ads and drive traffic to my sites. I have no experience with Google Plus Communities, so I would like to ask you some questions about your knowledge with Google Plus and monetization:

How many (active) members do you need in a Google Plus Communitiy to make at least a living from it?

How can I ensure an active members base?

Of course specific niches are better than general ones, but how big is the gap? Let's say you have a community about Bodybuilding and one about Funny Pics. How big does my "Funny Pics" Community has to be, so that it makes at least as much money as the Bodybuilding Community? What is your rough estimate?

How long do you need to get 1000 members? How long for 10000?

I am looking forward to your answers, your positiv and negativ experiences!

Rob Whisonant

Is there a reason you want to build up on Google+ instead of Facebook? Facebook has a lot more traffic and easier to attract likes and joins.

EpicGlobalWeb

You need 16 days to get 1,000 members. :p

Facebook might be easier, as mentioned, but at the same time, G+ is still free advertising space and should be fully utilized. The key to using G+ effectively isn't as clear to me as LinkedIn or Facebook. However, your best bet is to push your "front material" and give it away (e-books, articles, pictures, similar things like that). That's your bait.

The purpose of your bait is to get people to notice you. They don't need to join or follow you yet, just to notice you. Then after short times, just invite like crazy.

Your next step is figuring out how to engage the groups and followers in DISCUSSION and get them to debate things within your discussion. Your job is merely to moderate at that point and answer questions. The sale happens during the process of looking like an expert over and over again. Then you follow up with more free bait in private messages or emails to the discussion participants. The follow up is about asking questions relative to your discussion and combining their interest in the discussion with a need you think they have. This is prospecting now.

Lastly, you can ask them for the business if you think you have something that will help them.

Please do not make the silly mistake I did thinking all that "attraction marketing" crap was going to pay the bills. You're not going to be able to just post and attract sales anymore. Of course, with a million followers you can get some sales I'm sure this way but your goal on any social media platform is warming up the market and branding yourself an expert, then using your circle for back-links, mentions, etc, whatever builds up your branding.

My goal was to have my name associated with SEO. I'm the first page of Google with my name + SEO and have stayed there for 6 months now. I wanted it this way so I could approach local businesses and show them how they can be as omnipresent as me. It was never to make a sale online - sales are still 90% done in person.

Peter

I want to make a Google Plus Community and let it grow for about 6 months, till I begin to post some ads and drive traffic to my sites. I have no experience with Google Plus Communities, so I would like to ask you some questions about your knowledge with Google Plus and monetization:

How many (active) members do you need in a Google Plus Community to make at least a living from it?

How can I ensure an active members base?
I don't want to make you disappointed but you shouldn't grow Google Plus Community for yourself with the purpose to increase members, traffic to your site and monetize with it.
Because you can get approve as a member there in seconds and posting to Google community from your site without visiting it.

plus-to-google-community.jpg

So who will care about posts and what is happening on it?

Of course specific niches are better than general ones, but how big is the gap? Let's say you have a community about Bodybuilding and one about Funny Pics. How big does my "Funny Pics" Community has to be, so that it makes at least as much money as the Bodybuilding Community? What is your rough estimate?

How long do you need to get 1000 members? How long for 10000?

I am looking forward to your answers, your positive and negative experiences!
It can take you many months to grow a community with 10000 members or that will not happen if you don't have a good marketing campaign to increase members for it.
Let try to post your site to a Google community with 50000+ members and it will help drive more traffic to your site?
If so, you should start a new Google community to drive traffic and monetize it.

Judas2018

Monetizing any social media community can be done. It just takes a different method. I can vouch for the fact that monetizing google plus follower-ship, is not as easy or similarly done as monetizing Facebook followers or twitter followers. The biggest difference being, you have to be more precise with your targeting. Google Plus has a lot less users than Facebook, Twitter and others. Your margin for error becomes a lot smaller as a result.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.