How to change a website template without losing SEO rankings

hoangvu

I bought a theme on themeforest and planning to change for the current theme on my blog, my blog has keywords on first page of Google search results but as I have read information on this forum, if on-page SEO factors are changed then it can affect to keyword rankings of a website on SERPs. My question is, how can I change my website template but still keep rankings in Google?

boostid

just make sure you take a detail note about your on page seo setting, take a screenshot for example. Bring those setting to your new themes if it changed.
after few hours you change themes you will see 'dance' on your serp, it is normal though.
the next few days after google robot re crawl your site, it will get back to your normal ranking before
at least this is what happened to our clients site :)

ps.
take attention to google speed insight, make sure your before and after theme has the same value

bhaskardas

I bought a theme on themeforest and planning to change for the current theme on my blog, my blog has keywords on first page of Google search results but as I have read information on this forum, if on-page SEO factors are changed then it can affect to keyword rankings of a website on SERPs. My question is, how can I change my website template but still keep rankings in Google?
There are no chances to loose SEO ranking by updating or changing website template except you change contents, meta tags, h tags etc.

dinuanzz

Once make your new site live there will be slight oscillation in ranking for couple of days. After that it will back to the original position.

elcidofaguy

The main factor will be down to link juice on your website i.e. the internal navigation, links and page URLs.... Keep most of that or use 301 redirects and canonical tags etc then you should be okay...

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.