What is the best internal link structure?

Tshepo

I want to build an internal link structure standard for SEO for my blogs, I do researches on Google and found this infographic

internal-link-structure.png

Is this a good internal link structure I should apply for my blogs? Are there any better internal link structures?

Thanks in advance.

roburtardis

Hello tshepo,

great stuff .

this is better for you

but here i would like to share some tips related best internal link structure

1.Use text menus
2.Add your keywords in the anchor text of internal links
3.Cross-link important pages
4. Add direct links to important pages
5. Place important links on the top of the page

Rob Whisonant

I'm not an seo expert but all that category cross linking seems like it would confuse a search engine about what each category is really about. I have been reading up on silos and as SEOPub mentioned, that does seem the best way to go these days.

EpicGlobalWeb

You can define, for the search engine, more about the link structure in sitemap.xml as well as robots.txt to help it understand better to counter the cross-link confusion.

The reverse silo is a good trend also, where the blog post is the "top tier" and the money is the suggestion. Regular silos are still great too.

Silo-ing or Theming actually helps site visitors (you know, those people who will buy stuff from you) as much as it does help search rankings. But there is an important aspect of SEO that can be a factor for your rankings overall. That is called click through rate and the time spent on a site. If a user visits your site and then immediately clicks off or hits the back button, this can hurt your rankings, especially if it happens frequently. That tells search engines that the keywords / phrases you're ranking for aren't relevant to people. The search engines will make rank adjustments by lowering your rank. One way to counter this potential problem is to organize your site and make it easy to navigate through. Your theme structure should be similar to this:

Main Theme
General Theme:
- Sub Theme
- - Details
- Sub Theme 2
- - Details

robertcop1001

Yes, you should. This structure has the minimum amount of links possible between the homepage and any given page. This is helpful because it allows link juice (ranking power) to flow throughout the entire site, thus increasing the ranking potential for each page. This structure is common on many high-performing websites (like Amazon.com) in the form of category and subcategory systems.

kathyclark_sams

Internal links are links that go from one page on a domain to a different page on the same domain. They are commonly used in main navigation. Internal links are most useful for establishing site architecture and spreading link juice (URLs are also essential). For this reason, this section is about building an SEO-friendly site architecture with internal links.

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.