What are the ways to earn money from a WordPress website?

arindamb

There are many ways to earn a lot of money through a WordPress website. When it comes to making money through a WordPress website, the most important asset that will help you to make a lot of money is how much traffic or number of visitors a month you are getting, mixed with the quality and the relevance of the website. Once you have more traffic, you can test to see what works best for you and how to get their attention. Getting visitors and great marketing is key to making money online. What do you guys think about that? How have you ever earned money from your Wordpress site?

henryroi

One of the best ways for blogging with content is create all your stuff and put into a network which can make you money with. While building your content, you can then bring them back to your WordPress for re-arranging the content created by you in a money making network.

EpicGlobalWeb

You might want to explore the SEO forum and Make Money Online forum in here to help with your journey. For now, I will tell you that your website is like digital real estate. You need lots of curb appeal and location, location, location is what matters. In the case of your website, the first page of a search engine if your optimal main street.

For the most part, the average user has no idea if your website was custom built of WordPress. Only us geeks on here know the difference. So rather than differentiating between a "wordpress" site and making that a point of interest to you, simplify it and understand that the goal is really about making it a great place for visitors.

Is there something you're particularly passionate about? Write about it in a blog and start there rather than going full-force in a business. People will read it and you'll get traffic. Just write. Just post.

Then observe your traffic and think about where it's coming from and try to guess why. Then test. A few rounds of this will make you sufficient enough to go heavy the next time.

FreebieBoy34

I think what you can do is to create a blog then write many interesting contents which can be very useful to your target readers. Then combine all your efforts by using a affiliate campaign that will help you improve your monthly revenues..:)

kb24

Look into CPA networks and affiliate programs to monetize your site. Whatever your site is about make sure the product is related to your site..

eioapqoeke

The most popular method is to start a blog and publish some articles related to the niche you targeting and post links to some of the affiliate products. Or rank your blog for few selected keywords and place 1 or 2 product banners on the sidebar.

hynds

I think Wordpress website or any type of websites such as Joomla, Magento,...is just a platform where you can host your content and run your own MMO business. With your own website you can participate in to may kind of MMO such as: affiliate, Google adsense, dropshipping, CPD, CPA, eCommerce site, selling your own products, ...
However I see that another way to earn money is that website flipping. That's people build the Wordpress sites then flip it on some website marketplace for quick revenue.

badboy_Nick

Getting visitors and great marketing is key to making money online. What do you guys think about that? How have you ever earned money from your Wordpress site?
Having a wordpress site is actually irrelevant - the key to it all (as you correctly pointed out) is in monetising the traffic you are sending to your website as efficiently as possible to yield the highest ROI.

It's all maths at the end of the day - you want to pick a market that isn't fully saturated yet (to get cheaper clicks) and has good profit margins with room for growth. There's so many products out there with razor thin margins now as they have been clubbed to deaths, so your best bet is to get into a fresh market, pillage and establish yourself before the rest of the online world catches on.

Every market has it's peak and eventually dries out, as profitable margins always attracts competition. If you get in on the action early, you will not only have a bigger competitive advantage but also can reap the rewards a lot longer during the lifecycle of the product.

Hope that helps ;)
Nick

ivanab

How about creating a product you want to sell - writing a sales page with the funnel attached to it.

Recruiting affiliates to promote your product.

and once you have some earnings on it, sell the entire setup :)

OR, build up a curated viral niche blog.

build up your social profiles

Monetize with adsense, build a list, etc.

selenagomez1

There are many ways to earn passive money from Wordpress site if you have already chosen good keyword in a small and prospective topics, like Google Adsense, Bussiness ads, affiliate if you are joining in some nets, your own products.

printguy

Some great ideas here, but some of these involve being able to develop products, write copy, and then drive traffic to your offer. However, there are programs, plugins that will do this all automatically - at least to get started. For example: there is Marketpress ECommerce WP Plugin, several WooCommerce plugins and programs, in addition to ones that I use: Instant Azon, Stream Store, and ArbiCash.

bigboss

there are many ways to earn money with wordpress or any other kind of websites ,so in my openion what you have to do is to host your content , but take care to it because good content generate good traffic , then you can monyetise your website by : affiliate programs, Google adsense, eCommerce site, dropshipping,cps , CPA,....

dzcoder

Hello everyone,

Im very frustred about this topic, I created my website, I fund my niche etc ..
but I can't make money with, my traffic is very poor

any help

cheers

RedGrittyBrick

but I can't make money with
You already answered for the question above

my traffic is very poor
Traffic is money, the more traffic the more money you will earn. The solution for you to earn more money is increase traffic for your website, when your traffic is improved, you will have more contacts from customers or you can sell more services to your visitors which will generate more revenue.

Hawker

WordPress is just a platform that you can blog with like any other really. Although one of the most advanced and comprehensive blogging platforms of them all. But it's not really down to whether you're using WordPress or some other blogging platform. All that really matters is the content on that site and how you're monetizing it. WordPress does let you monetize in many different ways whether you're just pasting in ad code or using a plugin of some kind to show ads on your site. As you've pointed out, it's all about the traffic you're getting, what the quality of that traffic is and how targeted it is to your site.

dzcoder

Yep, but I tried all method to get traffic an internet etc .
but it's make me crazy, it's not every useful.

Sune

Sune
There are many ways to drive traffic to your website, but it all comes down to having great content. And consistently updating your website with new content. At least if you're trying to build a long-term viable business.

Make sure you understand the basics of SEO (you don't need to be a SEO-wizard - just get the basics right) and then start sharing your content on relevant social media (maybe even FB groups - just don't spam), Reddit, or wherever your target group resides online. Think about what other websites people in your target group might visit. What FB groups will they most likely be part of? What sub-Reddits?

Lastly, constantly keep in mind that you should be creating value for other people. If you don't create value and simply try to sell your products, people on social media will most likely consider your content as "spammy" and you'll not get anywhere.

Good luck with your website :)

FoxMetrics

Through wordpress you can start a blog and learn how to monetize it. Or you can have an e-commerce site with payment processing and everything and make money that way. Wordpress is the foundation for what you will build your site out to be and you can choose to monetize it any way you want.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads