Penguin 4 and traffic increase despite penalty

Status
Not open for further replies.

eioapqoeke

My website was hit by manual penalty and I saw traffic increase from search during last 3-4 weeks after or just before release of penguin 4.

My question is, should I let the domain drop or renew it and work towards another reconsideration request?

webdesign

My website was hit by manual penalty and I saw traffic increase from search during last 3-4 weeks after or just before release of penguin 4.
Are you talking about decreasing or increasing traffic before Google penguin 4?
If increased you continue doing what you did and keeping up your works
If decreased you can drop it or find out ways to recover it after Google penguin 4 updated.
Obviously a site was hit by one of Google algorithm then it is very hard to recover or require more effect to make it back with traffic you have ever got.

eioapqoeke

eioapqoeke
I noticed that my traffic started to increase 4-8 days before 23 Sept, the date of Penguin 4 release. I did nothing regarding backlinks or disavow. I think many domains/backlinsk which expired got updated in backlinks list of Google?

vishwa

My question is, should I let the domain drop or renew it and work towards another reconsideration request?
Work on your website backlinks. Penguin 4.0 hit sites with poor and low quality backlinks. Make sure that you have high quality backlinks. You can check your backlinks and identify the bad or low quality links. You can also use Disavow tools to by pass these backlinks which hurts your ranking. After that you can submit a reconsideration. Hope this will help you.

semidot

I still could not understand that what did happen with Penguin 4.0 because i could not observe any kind of changes with this update but i just got increase alexa rank only which i need to share with each one here.
If someone know about penguin 4.0 then share here experience because we could not understand that which kind of update it has in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.