Designing an effective email backlink outreach plan?

Rob Whisonant

I'm in major learning mode and feel it is way past time I learn how to get quality backlinks. Can anyone point me to any articles, ebooks, courses etc that will help me with the following?

1. Finding sites suitable for backiinks to sites and specific articles I write.
2. Finding ways to contact the owners of the sites.
3. What to actually write in the email to have a better chance of getting a link. For sites and for individual articles.
4. Information on things like... Should you ask for backlinks to multiple articles over time from the same site or just ask for 1 link period from each site?
5. How to manage the above tasks.
6. etc, etc, etc.

Basically I need to learn this process from the ground up. :)

Thanks for any help in advance.

Re's
Rob Whisonant

EpicGlobalWeb

Rob, download a piece of software called SEO Powersuite. They have a trial program. Then use the backlink campaign section in it and type your desired keyword. It will pull up the contact information of thousands of websites which you want links from.

Your next job is essentially a series of cold-calling techniques but first it's important to analyze what kind of sites you're getting links from (or want to get links from) and figure out what to offer them in return.

A lot of times they may trade links for content. So your next task is to find yourself a library of content. Offer them free content in exchange for contextual links.

Use your phone and call them when possible, the response rate will be 100% better than cold-emails.

If you would like I can see if there's a good how-to video in Beta-Max at Blockbuster.

Last edited by a moderator:

EpicGlobalWeb

I wonder if it's a good idea to trade small software products / tools in exchange for contextual do-follow links on others' websites. That might be a fairly easy win on two fronts - getting your software product out there and providing value for the backlink you request.

EpicGlobalWeb

Rob, I found this elsewhere on the forum, thought you might appreciate it:

Search query:
your keyword" + "guest post"
keyword + "write for us"
niche + "guest post"
Keyword + "guest post wanted"

You'll get many search results, find the ones that could potentially accept you to guest post and create a list of 50 (preferably).

Make sure to list only blogs that allow you to link from the content and not the profile page.

Contact them using the following template:

Hi (name),

I’m a long time reader. You may have noticed my comment on your post on X (awesome article by the way).

I’m writing to you because I’d love to contribute a guest post to Example.com.

I’ve been brainstorming some topics that I think your readers would get a ton of value from:

-Idea #1

-Idea #2

-Idea #3

I’ll make sure the piece overflows with information that cant be found anywhere else.

To give you an idea of the quality I’ll bring to your site, here’s a link to a guests post that I recently published on Example.com.

Cheers,

[Your name]

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.