I am about to start affiliate marketing. Please share the tips

prosperwithpk

Hello fellow rockstars,

I am about to start my first online business with an affiliate offer. Please share tips and advices which help me grow in this industry

Thanks in advance

-Pavan

Rob Whisonant

Are you going to be opening an affiliate program or joining an affiliate program? Two different animals.

Alex Thompson

Hello fellow rockstars,

I am about to start my first online business with an affiliate offer. Please share tips and advices which help me grow in this industry

Thanks in advance

-Pavan
Hey Pavan, before getting answers from other members, you can read some useful posts on the forum to know how to start with affiliate marketing and how to get sales from it.

https://www.webmastersun.com/threads/11731-How-to-make-your-first-sale-with-affiliate-marketing
https://www.webmastersun.com/threads/12171-How-to-write-affiliate-product-reviews-that-convert-well
https://www.webmastersun.com/threads/14672-Which-Affiliate-Networks-Have-You-Made-Money-With
https://www.webmastersun.com/threads/12060-How-do-you-find-affiliates
https://www.webmastersun.com/threads/13418-Affiliation-market-with-or-without-website

AND don't forget to check this forum https://www.webmastersun.com/forums/14-Affiliate-Marketing

Hope it helps!

ulterios

Hello fellow rockstars,

Thanks in advance

-Pavan
Greetings Pavan and Welcome to Webmaster Sun, it's great to have you join our community.

If you have any questions about some affiliate marketing strategies or need some questions answered about that field you can search our forum in the "Quick Menu" tab on the upper right corner of the site and if you can't find what you are looking for then you can post a thread in this section to discuss anything you would like to know about affiliate marketing.

https://www.webmastersun.com/forums/14-Affiliate-Marketing

I look forward to seeing you around the forum.

Welcome again! :welcome:

prosperwithpk

Hello Rob.

I am going to promote someone's products..

Thanks for the links Alex!!:D

kb24

kb24

If you are going to build out your site promoting that product do some keyword research write a review of that product. Write posts and pages that inform the reader that it helps them solve their problems..

eioapqoeke

When building backlinks make sure to be white-hat and build backlinks from quality websites few of them rather than a bunch of them from low quality websites. Article marketing still works if done with quality unique content for each directory. And with just a few Guest Blog posts you will see jump in ranking but make sure they are from niche relevant websites.

badboy_Nick

Hello fellow rockstars,

My best tip would be to stick to CPA offers that trigger a commissions without the user needing to buy something. A simple form submit, online application or pay per call is usually a lot easier to promote than sales based affiliate products due to the risk being shared equally between the affiliate and the merchant.

Also, stick to premium PPC traffic sources such as Adwords, BING and maybe a bit of Facebook ... as it's a lot easier to scale your campaigns that way.

Hope that helps ;)
Nick

RenderedElite

Promote a product that you actually believe in. You can use landing pages and run PPC campaigns and/or create an authority site in the niche to build a following and make more sales in the long run without spending money on ads.

FreebieBoy34

Focus on properly promoting the products you are offering to your market and make sure what you have is relevant to the audience you are about to promote your product with...:) Other than that, enjoy what your doing and don't think too much about the money. Just have fun and good things will come your way eventually...:)

CityadsMedia

There are multiple path to start with affiliate marketing.

My advise is to start with dating offer (CPL, SOI email submit)
dating is the best offer provided that you promote it in the right place or website.
Winter and Summer has the best conversion rate.

Some common method are:
1. Build a profile on adult social website with referral link (use shortener) to LP. Expose your profile and get actively involved in the chat room. - Cost a few bucks to start. Lot's of work for a few hundreds buck. Need 2-3 hours per day & multi email to register profile. (Don't expect to go to Facebook and create a fake profile and hope it will work though...)
2. Video submission to adult sites (use your own watermarked video and video submitter for wider coverage) - require investment but works like a charm. On a good day, may bring 200-500 leads.

Both method need the right setup to work.

If you want to promote weight loss related product,
Spring and summer is the best time to promote those offers

G Internet Income

Hello fellow rockstars,

I am about to start my first online business with an affiliate offer. Please share tips and advises which help me grow in this industry

Thanks in advance

-Pavan
Dear Pavan,

Since you are going to promote some else's products - i suggest the following -

1. Select 2 to 3 niche, which you find interesting. Select the best offers on those niche, by doing some research on google, or go to clickbank and select some of the bset offers, based on Gravity of the product. Then - try to buy domain names, based on the affiliate offers you have selected. Once you have done that - do a "Redirect" on these domains, to your affiliate offers. Then try posting helpful solutions on related Forums. Your signature can have your website name (which in turn is your affiliate link), and that way, you have chance of people clicking on your site, and buying your product, and helping you make some commission.

2. You can create a landing page on your registered domain. Offer a free report from that landing page. Drive eyeballs to the landing page, via Forum postings, your social media accounts, your youtube videos (if you choose to make them, that is), so that people click on your landing page, download your free report, and in turn - give their emails to you. If you are consistent in your efforts, i believe collecting a list of 10,000 subscribers, can be possible, anywhere from 4 months to a year (depending on your landing page, your free report, the consistency of your efforts, etc). Keep building a relationship with these subscribers,over time, by trying to help them seriously, over a period of time. Meanwhile, every once in a while, you can promote your affiliate links to them , and try to make money through them.

The second option, to my knowledge, and belief, is the best one. The first one though, can make you some small sums of money, to get you started with.

Hope this helps.
Take care

CityadsMedia

Building up subscriber works but it may takes time and if you are in for a long time.
The aim is to be the niche expert.
Not suitable for people that are in for quick cash.

IF someone decided to buy domain for promoting affiliate,
you have two options for shortlinking/masking you aff link:
1. buy a specific product related domain
2. buy a general domain and install WP plugin Pretty link (lite i.e. free version).

Don't expect commonly available shortener to mask your affiliate link as most of it won't work. Shortener normally blacklist aff link esp from aff network.

Signature works, but it depends on how much exposure (view) your siggy/profile have and the interest of the user forum.
Unless you want to create hundreds of thousand of profile on forums, you won't get any significant result.
But if you decided to go that path (i.e. create forum profile with siggy), there's special tools created just for that e.g. Xrumer where you can literally create thousand of forum profile daily.
(and yes, lot's of forum and discussion board owner will hate you grinding (spamming?) in their site)

PM me if you want methods that work with asset that you already have.

@G Internet Income,

PM replied.

Another tip is to use PHP redirect to your offer.

No matter what your choice of method,
make sure that your hosting are capable of handling the traffic that arrived at your site.
Some affiliates see conversion increase by 10-20% just by upgrading their hosting service provider.
so it is worth upgrading if you are into redirecting your traffic through your website/LP
(but please, don't buy VPS/Dedi if your traffic is just 1k UV spread evenly throughout the day to your LP)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mattdawg84

One of the best tips I can share is to start small and then scale up when promoting. You don't want to jump in with both feet without testing your offer, the conversions, etc. This is a recipe for disaster. So simply start driving traffic to your offer…like 100 clicks or so. This will let you know some basic conversion numbers so that you can have an idea of your ROI. I hope that helps and good luck ;)

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.