Crawl Errors in GWMT

jpsurfer05

Hello People,

This is JP again and thanks a lot for your all reply on my previous thread.

I am having a very confusing error from last few days for a client website. For example Client website sitemap has around 6000 URL submitted and indexed to Google WMT.

in Past Aug 2016 the crawl errors shows around 70000 and me and my team followed all the guidelines such as fixing some of them "mark as fixed" and finding important pages and redirecting them to most relevant page. In the start Sep it all got fixed by our end...

and then sudden in mid Sep it came again and only in one day it went from 77 to 90000, We have manually checked and found some of the errors are new and some are old as they were in Aug 2016. We are currently checking and doing the same things again.

I am not sure why they appear again...or is there something we missed ?

I welcome any suggestion or is that happen with any website of yours before, please suggest me the best answer.

Thanks.

SEOPub

You need to give more specifics. What kind of crawl errors are you seeing?

Even then, to be honest, without seeing the site, any suggestions are just going to be guesses.

jpsurfer05

jpsurfer05
I appreciate the reply but for some confidential reason i am not able to provide website. Its an ecommerce website on Magento and the mostly URLs on which we see crawl errors are the product URLS.

ant

If you have many 404s simply redirect them all to your homepage and check if this will dramatically reduce that number cuz 90 000 sounds freaking scary for the health of your site in terms of SEO. If you use Wordpress, this can be easily achieved by a simple plugin (search for something like All 404s redirect to homepage), aside from that, I will have to agree that without any specific info it's impossible for people here to help.

Good luck :eek:

jpsurfer05

I really appreciate all reply from you guys.. and i also understand that it is totally based on assumption without proper information.

there is one more thing which i would like you guys to hear. When i click on any URLS in Crawl errors, A pop up box appears and there are three option, last Error details, Insitemap and Linked from.

Insitemap it shows three sitemap : for example

http://abc.com/sitemap.xml
http://www.abc.com/sitemap.xml
httos://www.abc.com/sitemap.xml

and in Linked from its shows linked from HTTP and HTTPS both.

Any ideas are good...

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.