Will social media in some form bypass search in its current form in the future?

longmont

When the social media boom hit the ground running mid-2000's, like 2006 or 2007 for me, I was getting more targeted, relevant traffic from social media than I was from Google. I actually still do in a way.

One of my Facebook pages sends me just under 1,000 "real" relevant visitors per month and I haven't even used it for 6 years. Facebook has carved it's little world away from traditional search engines, it partners with Microsofy for their mutual gain, but it stands on its own legs.

Then we have Google, who won't tell you why they do what they do. It is speculated that there are 200+ ranking factors, bt who knows when they will change. Google used to say openly that external ranking factors that are beynd your control don't affect you, but now they do, and your better be tied into a community that will guide you because Google doesn't think you need to know the rles of their baseball game when you step onto the ballfield.

G+ had every advantage in the world to succed and the charts show it was the fastest social media website to get to 50,000,000 users. But now...

meanwhile-on-google-plus.jpg

Do you think that search in its current form will evolve slowly or just drop dead one day like Blockbuster did?

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
wms
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.