What are the top courses/books that will make you as a professional web designer?

hoangvu

I want to learn web design to make great website templates and selling them on theme marketplaces like themeforest, templatemonster or mojomarketplace. What are the top courses/books that will make me as a professional web designer? what programming languages do I need to learn? please recommend me or share any tips!

webdesign

Hey Edward,

See on the right side of the sidebar this forum, you could find a person who training HTML, CSS and PHP courses. You may be interested that.

html-css-courses.png

Other than that, visit Lynda and searching for these courses

HTML Essential Training of James Williamson
CSS Fundamentals with James Williamson
WordPress and Genesis: Building Child Themes from Scratch with Carrie Dils
WordPress: Building Themes from Scratch Using Underscores with Morten Rand-Hendriksen

They are course I would recommend you to learn and start making professional wordpress themes for your sites or selling them on theme marketplaces.

Hope that helped!

TheRealRazzy

A place that I've been reading up on design and programming is codeacademy.

The step by step process is pretty awesome because they pretty much hold you by the hand and walk you through everything. I never feel like I'm being overloaded by quizes and stuff that I'm expected to already know. You can start with the basics and move up, or you can start with a more advanced class and knock it out :D

Mike001

WebDesign, thank you for the plug I appreciate it. I have been teaching web development, at the University level now for close to 10 years and developing web sites and web applications for over 16 years.

I also have used some of the material from Code Academy in my college classes and some of it is pretty good. The one thing I do not like about Code Academy is that you must be registered to view any of the material and they tend to send an avalanche of emails to your registered account. I have never been a fan of all those emails and marketing contacts. Once or twice a month is not bad but they tend to really overdue it, Udemy has the same issue and a lot of their material is outdated and incomplete. That can tend to be very frustrating, especially when you are just learning the concepts.

Edward, I have a lot of videos on the site that you can view for FREE, and there is no need to register, and I am available for questions if you have any. Just let me know if you need any help or direction.

FreebieBoy34

I want to learn web design to make great website templates and selling them on theme marketplaces like themeforest, templatemonster or mojomarketplace. What are the top courses/books that will make me as a professional web designer? what programming languages do I need to learn? please recommend me or share any tips!
Hi friend! I recommend you to read this book: "Learning Web Design: A beginner's guide to HTML, CSS, JAVASCRIPT, and Web Graphics" by Jennifer Niederst Robbins... I was able to learn a lot from this book and I'm hoping you can learn from it too...:)

Castro_Mike

It is important to understand that each programming languages has its own strong points that you need to consider before jumping in to learn all of them. If your goal is to become good in web design start by learning JavaScript, PHP and Java. Almost all popular websites like Google, Facebook, Amazon and etc. are using JavaScript for their Front end. For Back end, PHP and Java are popular programming languages. These three programming languages are mainly designed for creating websites.

Mike001

Once again we have fallen into the trap of web design vs. web development.

This happens far to often with many people, and I have written a very good explanation of the differences between web design and web development that are posted on this forum.

Web Design has nothing to do with programming... knowing how the front-end languages operate is always good as a designer, but it is never required.

Here is a link to that article if you are interested in differentiating between the two terms and fields of study.

https://www.webmastersun.com/thread...p-development-kindly-explain-in-layman-s-term

Hope this helps.

Older threads
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
sss
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.