• REGISTER HERE - Join us for FREE
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Stick this thread
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 39/1
    Given: 330/0
    Thanks

Linkedin vs Facebook for Business?

Beside forum marketing, I want to spend a bit more time for promoting my sites on social networks and Linkedin + Facebook are social networks I am thinking of. In your personal opinoijn, which is better for business and doing marketing campaigns for increasing sales for websites?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Harry P For This Useful Post:
    RespectTheInternet (06-27-2017)

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 9/0
    Given: 2/0
    Thanks
    In comparison, Facebook is better for marketing as compared to LinkedIn because the followers interact with Facebook posts more often than LinkedIn posts. You can use Facebook marketing to reach a large number of audience.

LinkedIn is a network for professionals, who whats to connect to the professionals. The people who use LinkedIn are older and educated as compared to Facebook and from the business point of view, the professional connections are also important.

In my opinion, both of these platforms are very strong social media platforms and you should use both of them to increase the traffic for your website.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 7/1
    Given: 3/0
    Thanks
    I always prefer Facebook over LinkedIn, simply because Facebook have vast more customers than LinkedIn including professional and normal users. If its about Running an Ads, I still go for Facebook.

Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 110/0
    Given: 32/0
    Thanks
    That's your opinion, but if you're selling a B2B product and want to network with business professionals, then LinkedIn is your likely solution actually. LinkedIn is the defacto search engine for businesses and business people. Facebook has more volume, but it is better-suited for consumer-based items. People are more likely to expect business related outcomes on LinkedIn as that's what it is there for, whereas Facebook's purpose is synonymous with socializing.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 3/0
    Given: 5/0
    Thanks
    My opinion for the promotion of your business is that you should use Twitter and Facebook. I'm using all social media sites for marketing purposes, but the response over Twitter and Facebook is quite amazing.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 174/3
    Given: 96/1
    Thanks
    Facebook is no doubt the No.1 choice for promotion of my business. Facebook have tremendous opportunity to drive traffic and also target your audience. However LinkedIn has also some great opportunity. I personally getting visitors from LinkedIn as well.
    Internet Marketing Blog:- www.imbloggingtips.com

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 0/0
    Given: 1/0
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry P View Post
    Beside forum marketing, I want to spend a bit more time for promoting my sites on social networks and Linkedin + Facebook are social networks I am thinking of. In your personal opinoijn, which is better for business and doing marketing campaigns for increasing sales for websites?
    Both are very important for marketing.But i think facebook is better than linkedin.Cause it is very easy way for marketing.
    Though it has many restriction.And now your choice.Best of luck.....

Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kurtramirez View Post
    Both are very important for marketing.But i think facebook is better than linkedin.Cause it is very easy way for marketing.
    Though it has many restriction.And now your choice.Best of luck.....
    I always enjoy an alternative opinion, but what would be super is if you defined "easier." How do you feel it is easier to do marketing on Facebook and why is easier an advantage?

10. The Following User Says Thank You to EpicGlobalWeb For This Useful Post:
    Website Design Ltd (11-01-2016)

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 42/0
    Given: 10/0
    Thanks
    I think the idea behind using LinkedIn suits professional B2B services in a far more cohesive way than Facebook or Twitter can. In essence, you need to account for the types of content published on each platform. Facebook is fantastic from the perspective of reach, especially as promoted posts are impressions based, but my opinion would have me say that the types of content on Facebook, and the types of content that people look for on Facebook is fairly informal in tone. Perhaps not quite so much as Twitter, but I still think that business decision makers may not explore Facebook looking for solutions.
    The very nature of LinkedIn allows you to discuss, in detail, relevant content with others in business. It also allows you to talk shop and network with others, so even if posts may not generate business leads, you can further your professional knowledge and increase your business scope.
    I wouldn't even say that using Facebook is 'easier', just that it is the primary solution nowadays for increasing the volume of reach.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Website Design Ltd For This Useful Post:
    CyberAlchemist (12-01-2016),Harry P (12-01-2016)

Blog Entries
    Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Website Design Ltd View Post
    I think the idea behind using LinkedIn suits professional B2B services in a far more cohesive way than Facebook or Twitter can. In essence, you need to account for the types of content published on each platform. Facebook is fantastic from the perspective of reach, especially as promoted posts are impressions based, but my opinion would have me say that the types of content on Facebook, and the types of content that people look for on Facebook is fairly informal in tone. Perhaps not quite so much as Twitter, but I still think that business decision makers may not explore Facebook looking for solutions.
    The very nature of LinkedIn allows you to discuss, in detail, relevant content with others in business. It also allows you to talk shop and network with others, so even if posts may not generate business leads, you can further your professional knowledge and increase your business scope.
    I wouldn't even say that using Facebook is 'easier', just that it is the primary solution nowadays for increasing the volume of reach.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to EpicGlobalWeb For This Useful Post:
    Website Design Ltd (11-03-2016)

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 17/0
    Thanks
    In my opinion, Facebook is better than LinkedIn as I'm getting more success with Facebook than LinkedIn.

However, it depends on the type of your business. It doesn't mean all niches work better on Facebook than LinkedIn.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 6/0
    Given: 2/0
    Thanks
    When it comes to promoting websites, it is essential for an organization to select proper social media platform. Facebook and Linked In are both effective platform but each of them has its own performance.
    To promote the business and to create a social awareness, definitely facebook is effective. Facebook involves in better customer target and ebgagement.
    Whereas Linked In, it is much more professional and it deals with only for professionals rather than targeting mass audiences.
    Hence, based on business purpose, nature, objectives and desired outcome, we need to choose a proper platform.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Given: 0/0
    Thanks
    I vote for facebook. now everyone at facebook, and keep on browsing on it more when compare it with LinkedIn. you can share your LinkedIn profile page with all the family and business members.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 37/0
    Thanks
    Hey Peter Griffin
    Long time fan of your show.

For you (in your situation) I would definitely recommend Facebook. It sounds like your trying to connect with people and Facebook is the place to do that. LinkedIn is definitely more business oriented and focuses more on networking which can be great to connect with influencers and trade guest post, etc.

I'd stay with Facebook for now, I love Facebook for marketing.

I wish you the best of luck and hope for you a successful future
    Take care!

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Adam Yunker For This Useful Post:
    Harry P (12-01-2016)

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 18/0
    Given: 3/0
    Thanks
    Both of them definitely have their perks. I think FB is better in terms of marketing and connecting with people. But for business purposes, I think it would be wise to try to build as much relationships on Linkedin (since your influencers would be mostly on there) and use that as an intricate part of promoting your business.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 46/0
    Given: 42/0
    Thanks
    I'm not a big fan of Facebook for B2B sales, but you do still need to be there. Never leave anything on the table for your competition. LinkedIn words great if you use their Sales Navigator.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Facebook and linkedln are important in marketing. They help to get traffic to the sites and make sales. I think facebook is better than linkedln in business because people made lots of money and the boss of facebook is very rich. You get free and paid traffic from facebook. It helps to access our target audiences easily.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Facebook is better than Linkedln if you want to improve your business. However, it depends on your product because of Facebook strict policy. Your account can die whenever, and if your account is private account, you can add or invest more money if you run ads. In this case, you can hire agency account. Personally, I did hire agency account to run ads already and I think It's good

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 14/0
    Thanks
    If is B2B, I will recommend to go for LinkedIn since is mainly working professionals and if your products/services are meant for B2C then I will suggest going for Facebook. IT is important to know where your targeted audience are e.g. are they in the Health sector, type of designations, age groups etc... Once you have all the data of your targeted customer, then you will know which SMM channel is better for your business.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 10/0
    Thanks
    I've found Facebook to always be better than Linked In for the fact that Facebook gets super laser targeted with who you can target audience wise. That and plus it's Facebook! I hope that helps

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    Off course LinkedIn. Because many professionals will spend more time on LinkedIn, there you can get experts decision to marketing your business.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    It actually depends on the website that you promote. If it is more related to professional work, I think LinkedIn is better, such as tips for being marketing, etc. But if it is more casual such as traveling websites, I think facebook is better.

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 2/0
    Thanks
    Both of these platforms Facebook and LinkedIn are very good for increasing business visibility and sales. I would definitely use both skipping either one of them is not a good idea. Both are well established platforms.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to Taylor Rick For This Useful Post:
    Harry P (12-01-2016)

Thumbs Up/Down
    Received: 340/7
    Given: 62/9
    Thanks
    Lets see how many times we can repeat the same thing. Amazing.

Who's gonna count?

Thumbs Up/Down
    Thanks
    facebook and linkedin are both the best . i recommend facebook to grow your business as a brand by making a facebook page and join groups to share posts , images and videos of your business . it will definately help to grow business. linkedin is very useful to connect with professional and reputable people , to take advice and share knowledge about business.

Newer Threads

1. Ken Graham
    Claire_Anderson
    Replies: 6 | Views: 1007
    Last post by Claire_Anderson, 03-15-2017, 04:40 AM
  2. kristy001
    panda and penguin updates
    By kristy001 in forum Google
    davidnguyen
    Replies: 6 | Views: 828
    Last post by davidnguyen, 10-31-2016, 04:35 PM
  3. Justin Philipps