Need your help! Should I promote my own product through affiliate programs?

notdavid

Hey guys, I really need some specific consultations. I'm thinking about selling my product by using affiliate program like Clickbank or Amazon. My products are educational ebooks that help people succeed in recruitment rounds of consulting firms like McKinsey. The price ranges from 50$ to 350$. Currently we already have sales in many countries. The Conversion rate in USA 0.3% with organic and 10% with some paid search keywords. So are my products worth a try? Can you guys suggest me some articles that I should read to help me make decisions? about challenges, risks, recommended requirements for a well convert product and what advertisers should know. Thanks a ton.

Ron Killian

Hard for any one to say for sure if you should without taking a real close look at your products.

First red flag though... if your conversions are actually .3%, you'll be dong affiliates a big disservice by wasting their traffic with low conversions. And they won't promote you for long. You really need to improve your sales copy before trying to get affiliates on board. Something that should be done for your own good anyways.

As for pit falls or risks, don't ever pay instant commissions unless you REALLY know the affiliate. There are scammers out there with stolen pay pal accounts and stolen credit cards that look for instant commission programs to rip off. Course, using Clickbank for one can stop most of that for you.

What you will NEED to provide for affiliates...

Converting salespages. Different versions can be a big plus.

Plenty of advertising materials. Plenty.

Good commission structure. Pay on time.

One other thing the 80/20 rule holds true for affiliates, very true. Meaning, the small majority of affiliates will bring in the biggest share of sales. Though from what I see it's more 90/10. To make any money with affiliates you usually have to go out and find the good ones, it's rare they will come to you.

Just my two cents. :)

elcidofaguy

Some good advice from Ron! I think before you even begin to put your product for affililiates you should spend some time researching and above all building connections with potential affiliates in your niche before you setup your program... One of the problems you will have is recruiting affiliates and to do that you willl need to spend time building relations and getting to know and build trust.... Headsup its not easy hence why so many fail......

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.