Difference between a Tweet and a Retweet on Twitter?

GordonJ

Normally I often create a new tweet on main Twitter account and making retweets on other Twitter accounts, i don't know a new tweet will have better impressions than a retweet or they are same? does any one have experience about this? please share your thoughts!

vishwa

There is no difference between tweets and retweets. If you make a tweets and it will simply retweeted by others. It just similar to that someone share your post on Facebook. I hope you will get it.

vishwa

I assume that this the statistics of your tweets and retweets Similar to Facebook Page insights.

Ron Killian

Too many variables to say. A new tweet could flop or it could be more viral. Same for a retweet.

A retweet, should be better because it is suppose to be like a recommendation from another twitter user. So more retweets should be better.

If that makes sense.

Course I am not twitter expert :)

ZAPPY

GordonJ said:
i don't know a new tweet will have better impressions than a retweet or they are same?
No experience to report back however my thoughts are similar to Ron's.

There is a difference because a retweet has been 'approved' as worthy of passing on to others who may not have seen the original tweet - even if the tweet and retweet does originate from you :cool:

GordonJ said:
I often create a new tweet on main Twitter account and making retweets on other Twitter accounts
When I look at Twitter, retweets and likes gives a tweet more status I think

Ron Killian

Guess you could also say a retweet could be extra promotion for the original tweet. Other people promoting for you.

Not that retweets are going to make you rich or drive hordes of traffic.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.