Is HTML5 hard to learn?

CyberAlchemist

I want to update my knowledge about HTML5, what should I learn and is it easy to learn?
Is it possible to completely build a website template in HTML5?

Mike001

HTML5 is not hard to learn. But that also depends on your background and what type of knowledge you already have.

Good website design depends on a good knowledge of HTML. Keep in mind that HTML5 is actually just additional tag and structure content for the HTML scripting language. HTML5 is not a separate scripting language it is just added functionality to the HTML scripting language.

If you have any questions feel free to reach out an ask. I will be glad to help in anyway that I can.

elcidofaguy

HTML is not a programmimng language - its just a bunch of tags which tells the browser how to display info noting CSS added to the mix. I'm not sure why some folks think html5 is complicated when in fact it makes life so much simpler when you find out you can do things much easier than previously... If you want to learn then you'll need to do it like everyone else and start at the beginning.. Learn html, css, javascript and work your way up to server side languages such as php, java, c# for the bells and whistles etc....

crazycoder

HTML5 is the easiest code/language you can ever come across, you can learn it in less than a day (basic structure and how tags work). Once you have the understanding of HTML5, you can start learning CSS3 to build a template.
In simple terms,
HTML5 is bones/skeleton of human body
CSS3 is the skin
HTML5 helps you build the webpage and CSS adds style to it. Javascript is a good choice in addition to HTML & CSS if you are looking to develop professional templates.

Patioven

No.
It depends on what you mean with "HTML5" and "learn". If you strictly mean HTML5 without CSS, JS and related technology, and by "learn" you mean "know enough to be productive, and be able to look up the details as you need them", then I believe anyone could learn it in a day or two.

So if you mean learn every detail of all technology related to HTML5, then it is incredibly hard.

DarioPV

As people already mentioned, basics of HTML are something that's pretty easy to pick-up right away. Completely aggre with Patioven, it is not going to take you long to learn enough that you can actually "build" something. Be aware that you can do many things in a lot of different ways and learning what is the fastest and most effective way is the part that is going to take a while to master.

To build a functional website you will need to learn CSS and Javascript. Even if you want to make a static template you will going to need to do some work in CSS. HTML and CSS are like the butt and the underwear - they always go together :)

dexus media

Good website design depends on a good knowledge of HTML. Keep in mind that HTML5 is actually just additional tag and structure content for the HTML scripting language. HTML5 is not a separate scripting language it is just added functionality to the HTML scripting language.

Mike001

Dexus,

Was there a particular reason you copied my response to the above question, and even word for word.....

It is bad enough that you copied a response to begin with, but to copy a response that is posted just a few responses above yours really says a lot about your integrity.

As a Moderator to the forums I would delete this response, but I think it serve the members well to see how you are responding to posts.

Let's try to be a little more creative next time, OK.

EnricTellez

HTML is the easiest thing you can learn, you can get almost everything you need to know from w3schools.
If you want your website to look good I would learn CSS as well.
Then when you are getting the hang off it I would recommend trying out Bootstrap. Really easy to make your site responsive.

Last edited:

Riviera

It's not so hard to learn, you can go to:
Code:
w3schools.com/html/html5_intro.asp
From simple to complicated :)
W3School has the "do it your self", you can try the code online. Not so hard, man.

Ron Killian

Can't remember the last time I created a web page by hand. Is that bad? I edit them all the time, but nothing from scratch.

Keep hearing about HTML5, maybe I should study up.

Big question, is is supported properly by all browsers?

Claire_Anderson

HTML is a scripting language and it is used to create the contents of the webpages i.e; scroll, menu, media player etc. But with HTML, you also need to learn CSS. CSS is used to create the styles of the web page i.e; font-color, font-size etc.
HTML is very easy to learn and it won't take much time to learn but if you are going to learn HTML then start learning from HTML5 and CSS 3, because it is the latest version of HTML and CSS. You can check w3school, codeacademy and lynda sites learning to create web designs.

Strike

I want to update my knowledge about HTML5, what should I learn and is it easy to learn?
Is it possible to completely build a website template in HTML5?
if you already know HTML and CSS then HTML5 and CSS3 will be life savers... just keep checking back to W3Schools they invent the code so they post tutorials to help.

and yeah it is possible if your using Wordpress and its up to date then your fine.

Salmonjames

There's nothing hard or difficult until we spare time and devotion for it.
I have learnt a lot of things related to SEO. I had no previous knowledge and no background but had a passion and devotion to learn it.
I spent a lot of time, did experiements and finally got some good results.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.