Is it possible to get unlimited .COM domain FREE?

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
Hi folks

I saw offers on different forums, the sellers are selling their ebooks teach how to get unlimited .COM domain for FREE

Get Unlimited .COM, .NET, .ORG, .INFO, .US, .ME domain 100% FREE
Many people purchase it but not many feedback or review about this aspect so I don't know how it happened. Is it possible? Should I buy it?

Rob Whisonant

Don't believe the hype. Someone has to pay for the domains. I have seen hosting accounts offer free domains if you host with them. But, they own the domain and not you.

vishwa

This is completely false news and don't have anything factual. Everybody have to pay for the domains. As Rob have said that many hosting companies offer free domain with their hosting plan. No Domain registrar or other hosting companies can offer you unlimited free domains. This is completely baseless.

Luxin Host

No "free domain" is actually free, someone is paying for it. Hosting services provide that as a free addon for you if you host with them and due to the competitive market it comes standard with most shared hosting packages now days.

those "get .com domains for life" are mostly targeting companies such as 1and1 who provide you with a 0.99$ domain for the first year and then charge you almost twice what it would cost you for the second year if you were to keep the domain.

SenseiSteve

This is a prime example of if it sounds too good to be true, it isn't. Domains have to be purchased by someone. If a provider offers a domain to you free as part of their package, they paid for that domain and it belongs to them.

hynds

Hi folks

I saw offers on different forums, the sellers are selling their ebooks teach how to get unlimited .COM domain for FREE

Many people purchase it but not many feedback or review about this aspect so I don't know how it happened. Is it possible? Should I buy it?
I think you can not get it free unless you need to buy something back. Example you buy hosting just only for $1/month with annual packages $12, then you will receive free domain belong to that. So on theory, you can buy unlimited hosting packages to receive unlimited .Com domain...Lol, IMO :)

Developer

I know this post is a little old, but since someone else replied recently and it really caught my eye (as you'll see why below), I figured I would pipe in as well...

A few days ago I was helping a client set up a new site. While I was working on the design and layout, he was trying to find the cheapest registrar and said he came across a slew of sites/products offering a way to register domains for free...

He skyped me asking if I knew if any of the ways were legit or valid and where he could go to register a domain for as cheap as possible...

After some extensive research, I concluded that many of the ebooks/videos being offered actually showed a way to attempt to purchase domains using fake information.

I will soon be releasing a more comprehensive blog post about this, however, here is a brief breakdown of how it works (as per the ebooks and videos I've looked over during the research):

1. Visit one of a very few registrars that do not charge the card right then and there
2. Visit a site like fakenamegenerator[dot]com to generate a fake name and credit card info
3. Use the info generated there to register the domain.

Now, because the specific registrars these ebooks/videos tell you about do not actually charge the card right away, (they simply check the information you provided against several algorithms), it does APPEAR that you are getting the domain at absolutely no cost to you,

HOWEVER

Eventually, the registrar WILL run the card and it will NOT process OR it WILL go through and eventually you WILL face criminal charges for either identify theft OR FRAUD. And in EITHER case, the registrar will terminate the domain (if they were stupid enough to send the request to ICANN before actually receiving confirmation of a successful charge, which is HIGHLY unlikely anyway)...

Is a $10 domain really worth all that aggravation, especially when there are SO MANY ways make $10 in a matter of a few minutes?

[HR][/HR]
REMEMBER: What is considered cheap today could end up costing you MUCH more down the road.

Case in point: A few years back, I came across register.com and they were offering 50¢ domain registrations (and still do in fact) so I did not hesitate to snatch up a domain

Who wouldn't for 50¢ right?

Well, in my rush, I failed to notice that the domain renewal would cost $35.00. $35.00??? Are you kidding me? In a time when domains sell for as little as $9.99, who the hell would pay $35.00?

Well, by the time I realized this, which was the day the domain was due to expire, I did, not happily, but I had no choice.

Immediately after paying the renewal fee to avoid the domain being lost, I did transfer it to another registrar, but regardless, that 50¢ domain now cost me a total of $17.75 per year for the first 2 years...

Colombiawebs

regards

Always make sure you have ownership of your domain

When you pay for a domain you will always have it

When a domain is free, you may not

Blessings

FoxMetrics

In order for this to be true you would have to have access to ICANN and register the domain yourself. Not saying it is not possible, all these domain companies had to get started somehow but I would not call it free. Most likely you would not know the contacts or the steps to access the global organization and if you did, there is probably a 1.99 registering fee.

ulterios

I have never heard of getting unlimited .com domains for free so I am curious about this. Usually when you get a free domain it is just one or you get the domain for free when you pay for something else like web hosting.

I would want to see proof before I believed that you could get unlimited .com domains for free. There are some other extensions that you can get for free but they are not popular extensions and not really worth anything.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.