ASP to PHP?

hoangvu

Hi there, I was talking with my friend the other day, and he told me that PHP was WAY better than ASP and that I should switch any old asp sites to use with PHP. So I was just wondering what would you guys suggest, or believe I should do?

Rob Whisonant

Personally I prefer PHP since all my sites are on Linux servers. Also PHP is much more widely used on the net.

Mike001

I also prefer PHP because of the availability of web servers that are currently deployed with Linux.

ASP or Active Server pages was designed around the Windows IIS (Internet Information Services) not quite as popular as a web server. It all will depend on what type of server that your site will be hosted on.

One thing I would be concerned with is the security of the servers that you are hosting on. There tend to be more security issues around Windows based products.

EpicGlobalWeb

Latte-sipping, green-haired & trendy metrosexual hipsters will tell you that NodeJS and anything but PHP is where it's at. However, they seem to have forgotten that like 90% of the web runs on PHP. PHP is the dominant player and probably will remain so. If you want to get a job quickly in the industry, it is PHP that you must master.

However, the clients that pay your bills will likely not care what language you use so long as you solve their problem.

Mike001

I have to agree except you stat. The last metric that the IETF conducted was that over 96% of the dynamic websites are currently using PHP. I believe that survey was conducted in March 2016.

I liked your analogy through.... :)

I have to confirm the date.

EpicGlobalWeb

Well, you say tomato I say tomahto. :p

Actually, 4% of all websites NOT on PHP is a large number considering there are ~3 billion websites online now. Of course not all of them are dynamic either though.

One reason for its popularity could be WordPress, but that only accounts for ~25% of sites. But this is important because there are other CMS systems that also use PHP like PHP Fox and similar. It's hard to classify them as "using PHP" when in reality it's just the framework that it was built on and probably not built by the website owner of those sites.

Food for thought.

Colombiawebs

Happy day

I recommend

PHP

The best cms are built in php

Has more resources to consult on the network

90% of scripts on the internet are made in PHP

Blessings

Newer threads
Replies
Views