What are your biggest challenges as a web designer?

Steve32

I am not a web designer but I feel difficult if I join or doing in this industry, can any one share me what are your biggest challenges as a web designer?

Mike001

It is not that difficult to learn to be a web developer once you learn the basics and the core concepts. Even the basics are not that difficult to learn once you decide you really want to do it.

I am assuming from your question that you are discussing the challenges of a web developer, not web designer. The developer, develops all the structural content and markup for the web pages themselves. He writes the scripting language to assemble the pages and structure those pages as well as the back-end database and interactivity design and development.

A web designer is more of a graphic artist. They design the actual graphical layout of the pages, the colors used, the graphics used the types of graphics, the design of the User Interface, usually known as the UI and that type of thing. They have a good eye for layout, page balance and normally will have some higher education in marketing.

Very few Web Designers are Web Developers, there is a programming skill set with a true web developer, but I know many web developers that are also web designers. I hope that makes sense.

The biggest challenge to a good web developer is keeping up with the changes to the specifications for web development. The languages used in web development are constantly changing in support of new security, functionality and SEO challenges.

The biggest challenge to a good web designer is keeping up to date on page formats, colors and marketing that draw the most attention to a product or service. It may sound funny but marketing is a rapidly changing business also. If you are going to be successful keeping up with the market is very important.

I hope this answers your question.

EpicGlobalWeb

My biggest challenge was figuring out what path to master. And also accepting that you probably can't learn it all. Typically people just stick and master certain areas of web development like front end or if they're full stack it'll be a back end technology followed by JavaScript usually.

After that it's easy. There are so many places to learn and read and it'll be easy for you to learn with dedication. You should build something challenging every day.

And no you don't have to be good at math unless you want to make games.

Claire_Anderson

There are three challenge that every designer has to face:
  1. First, they need to produce the innovative designs for every project and they have to revise the designs over and over again.
  2. Second, is to satisfy the clients. It is very difficult to satisfy the clients, because the clients mostly ask to add combination of colors or elements in the design that do not look well together and you have add them to the design, just to tell the client that adding this combination will create a poor design.
  3. Third, sometimes the designers have to produce the design of the contents without having much information about the projects.
To keep-up with the changing designing trends is also one of the biggest challenges that is faced by the designers.

Mike001

Claire,

If you have a good initial project meeting, develop a project plan, include project milestones with a project schedule, include a design meeting, a change order process and have scheduled project update meetings that include the customer the issues that you noted above will not occur.

The only time those types of issues occur is if you are dealing with a developer that does not run a professional organization or has no clue on how to run a web development project.

Claire_Anderson

Mike,

The Project meeting does resolve some of the issues that occur inside the organization but i will not agree with you that the organization is to blame for having to deal with this type of issues. Sometimes, customers do not update the developers about the complete requirements of the project on time and you have to wait for the customer’s response for days. And the designer is also not to be held accountable for the client’s request of adding inappropriate features in the design because some clients are just too persistent.

And the client sometimes forget that he has hired the developers for creating a website to target a particular audience and he is not building the website for only his use. But the designer has to think about the repose of the audience.

Mike001

Claire,

Everything that you mentioned above can and should be handled in the Project Meeting.

Spelling out the requirements, getting those requirements in writing, with milestones, that have both penalties and rewards for being ahead of schedule and behind schedule, and a Change Order process that clearly defines how scope creep can and will be handled in the event that the requirements change. All of this needs to be clearly defined in the Project Kick Off meeting.

A good project manager, is as important as a good developer, and in some cases more important. The Project Manager not only handles the timeline of the project and the requirements, but also manages the customer. Most people forget that, a good project manager has a unique skill set.

So I must disagree, if the project is handled correctly, and there is a good communication chain between the project team and the customer, issues that arrive during the development, and they will, can be effectively handled.

kim16

Well, I'm no expert. But I think, among the list of web designers dilemmas, creating something uniquely clever in terms of visual aesthetics is one major challenge.

Rahul t

The top 10 biggest issues for the Web designing are as follows:-
1- Everybody wants to know what it's going to cost.
2- Requirements aren't clearly defined.
3- Requirements need to change for business reasons.
4- Requirements prevent changing to a more suitable solution.
5- Scrap the requirements.
6- It takes FOREVER to launch the new site.
7- Start from a pre-configured installation, on a platform that's easy to modify
8- A site is never really done when it's launched.
9- Make the website launch the start of the project, not the end.
10- My fancy content management system/e-commerce site got hacked!
These are the biggest issues when you use the Web designing.

All the Best :)

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.