What can you expect from a web hosting company?

fromrachel

Web hosting companies, a domain name and a content management system, these are the first and most important three steps for creating your website but the task for choosing a right web hosting is not easy thus what can you expect from a web hosting company to host your websites?

CyberAlchemist

Here are points you should consider when choosing a web hosting for your websites

Which hosting is right for you?
The first step in a web project is the choice of the web hosting. To bring your website online, a server is required that is why you need web hosting companies. The server remains connected to the internet and hosts the files on your website. Web hosting companies also provide security, free email hosting, file upload, domain registration, and web site development capabilities. This article highlights the key points you should consider when choosing a web hosting.

Free Web hosting - What is it?
As a "newcomer" it is quite natural to look for a free Web hosting service. But not only the cost question should be a topic, but other important points should be taken up and thought through. For example, you opt for a cheap web hosting company, the web hosting company may use your page to place unnecessary and annoying ads.So be alerted when choosing your web hosting company that offering free hosting services.

Customer experience
After you have filtered out a few attractive Web hosting providers that meet your needs and budget, you will research the history of the web hosting company, their reliability and all the services they offered and reviews that customers are giving to them.

Make sure your web hosting company is having good supports. Especially as a "novice" you will need technical support, for example, in questions like "How do I upload my website?", "How do I create a database?", "How do I install certain scripts?" Responsibility of the web hosting company, in particular, you are available on their site to open questions with your problems you are facing. The Web hosting provider should offer a ticket system so that you can leave your questions there and get answered within a few hours or lesser.

Memory and bandwidth limits
The Internet grows and grows, and so does the necessary memory for websites. In years ago, the limitations on shared accounts was very less, but the demand for more GBs has now risen. Find out today how much bandwidth and memory you really get.

Important Features
Free Email Hosting, POP3, SMTP, IMAP, auto replying and forwarding:
For developers, it is prestige and luxury to have an email address with the side domain The protocols for the e-mail service are POP3, SMTP, and IMAP. Auto-replying and forwarding services are also required. So, come to know if the web hosting provider supports these services.
PHP, MySQL and Cron: MySQL Database and PHP are a must for any dynamic web page. If you have cron, this feature makes your work easier.
Blogging, Social and Commercial Applications: Web hosting packages should include applications that allow you to create a blog, calendar, forum or gallery pages within a few clicks.
SSL (Secure Socket Layer) for commerce Websites (sales pages): In order to operate an online store, you need an SSL certificate for confidential communication with your customers. Ordering an SSL certificate is now possible without the hassle of paperwork.
Control Panel:A control panel makes managing the administration of your website. This allows you to upload tasks such as files, manage email addresses or databases without administration knowledge.

Recommendation: there are many web hosting companies on this forum and you can find a good one that offers all the necessary amenities and facilities.

SenseiSteve

Great reply, CyberAlchemist. I expect my hosting provider to be competent, friendly, responsive and offer great specs to pricing ratios. I expect my site with them to be stable and online, with minimum headaches. I want to be a raving fan of my provider.

CyberAlchemist

CyberAlchemist
It is rare to have a web hosting provider with 100% uptime and stable without any problems, I used many providers and realized that hosting servers should be optimized and monitored to have less downtimes.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
wms

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.