Banner Ad Stats

EpicGlobalWeb

Does anyone have statistics on banner advertising, particularly cost per acquisition (or anything really to get started on general research)? Some forums charge huge money for top and bottom banner ads.

In my specific case, this is to promote a news blog and not to promote a product or service. Not quite sure which direction to move in and usually I make the mistake of buying everything so any input is helpful here.

kb24

You may want to look at Buysellads for this. In the other hand, banner ads on forums that high traffic is a great way to generate traffic and sales for your sites.

EpicGlobalWeb

I did look at BuySellAds actually and it was interesting because the rates on that site through that vendor were cheaper than the rates on the sites that sold advertising. Probably because of buying power? Regardless, thanks for confirming that for me.

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
Rates for banner ads on BuySellAds is pretty high, if I buy banner ads for my site, I would contact directly to high traffic websites or forums to get rates from them.

In my specific case, this is to promote a news blog and not to promote a product or service. Not quite sure which direction to move in and usually I make the mistake of buying everything so any input is helpful here.
If you are wanting to promote a blog, you should find relevant blogs or forums in your same niche for advertising. Some cost more and some cost less but it depends on amount of traffic of each site.

EpicGlobalWeb

Well it is funny you say that because actually the rates were lower on BSA to buy an ad on Warrior Forum than they were to buy directly from WF itself. Infact it was almost 20% lower and I could customize the impression volume.

Mike001

I have used BuySellAds a few times and though the cost was slightly lower on the Ads themselves the success I had was below expectations. One thing I did find on BuySellAds was that the four sites that I posted ads on had inflated their traffic substantially. I never did determine if the webmaster had inflated the numbers of BuySellAds had inflated the numbers.

I had given the ads a 90 day window, because a flat 30 day sample would not be fair to make an assessment of the traffic, after the 90 days looking at the average it was well below the listed traffic rate on the BuySellAds website.

Since they base there cost for the ad on the traffic, I was not pleased with that assessment. I have not used them in about 6 months based on that test.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.