How to Choose the Best CMS Platform for your e-Commerce website?

Purres

I want to build a new ecommerce website at the moment for selling digital products as ebooks, web elements and online courses but I do not have a clear idea of what the CMS suitable for the management of my work. Can any one suggest me how to choose the best CMS Platform for my e-Commerce website? many thanks!

Ron Killian

Though some will disagree, I have been using Wordpress/Woocommerce for some time now and love it. Not perfect but works quite well with the benefits of wordpress.

Just my opinion :)

Rob Whisonant

One of the best way I have found to select a CMS or actually just about anything is to experiment. Create a few sub domains and install several. Then play with them and see what one you end up liking the best.

CyberAlchemist

There are many CMS (Content Management System) available on the web, through web hosting services or hosting control panel which easily create and manage your own online store, without encountering inefficiency and excessive complications that can ward users.

The greatest interest, as well as the management of websites, is the make the site clear and simple in the same way that give visitors all the necessary amenities so that they can evaluate what are the products/services you want to sell.

But what is the Best CMS Platform for your e-Commerce website. We look at these which are the most famous CMS and being used by more people today, I will try to point out very briefly because it is very well know and familiar with users.

Wordpress for e-Commerce

- Why Yes: WordPress is universally recognized as the most used CMS on the web, secure, stable and easy to use. It is precisely great due to its simplicity that allows you to manage a website even if you do not have expertise in coding or designing. In addition to these aspects, a point that makes WordPress very interesting is the great availability of plugins with which to complete and optimize your site, even with regard to ecommerce. There are many plugins for doing ecommerce from WP.

- Why No: although it is the most famous CMS and the easiest to handle, must always keep in mind that WordPress was born as an ideal platform for blogging, for creating and managing a blog with a great level of SEO optimization, as well as the easy to use already expressed previously. With regard to e-commerce, therefore, it is not the best solution because of excessive instability and a lack of basic functions for this type of activity. So we should look to other solutions.

Joomla for e-Commerce

- Why Yes: in this case we are faced with one of the most used CMS web, suitable for the creation of web sites without the need to have some kind of technical skills. There are several extensions for Joomla ecommerce.

- Why No: as mentioned earlier for WordPress, even in this case we can say that yes, we can build and manage our e-commerce website with Joomla but it is not the best solution. Because Joomla was created specifically for the creation of websites, but with regard to ecommerce, may get some problems. Just as WordPress, Joomla can also be used for the e-commerce also thanks to the presence of the extensions that we have cited, but it will always be a solution "of convenience", less powerful and less adaptable than the CMS created precisely for the trade electronic.

Drupal for e-Commerce

- Why Yes: Drupal is characterized by being one of the best open source CMS in circulation, which allows us to create and manage a website, a blog or community. It is a very powerful CMS, which by its nature arises as a solution suitable for a corporate and professional use. There is a great plugin for e-commerce, Drupal Commerce . The real point of strength of this CMS is the presence of the official community in which to compare and seek help from professionals and developers.

- Why No: CMS in question can be used without problems for the launch and management of our online store, but we will be rewarded with the best performance? Drupal is not built as e-commerce system, so we can not enjoy the level of performance that could guarantee us a software developed specifically for this sector.

PrestaShop for e-Commerce

- Why Yes: So we come to what is probably the best choice for the e-commerce sector. PrestaShop fact is a CMS that was created specifically for e-commerce, so we can consider it as a pure resource and optimal for what is the our business. Due to its ease of use, PrestaShop is the ideal solution for the configuration of your e-commerce. In addition, many extensions and themes that will allow the user to change every aspect of your online store are available.

- Why No: there are no real reasons to say that PrestaShop can not be the best option available for e-commerce. Some its issue are not easy to manage or the level of customization a bit limited.

Magento for e-Commerce

- Why Yes: like PrestaShop just mentioned, Magento is also an Open Source CMS to e-commerce, therefore, suitable for the creation of your online store. Point to Magento provides the user with a series of big advantages seen the powerful marketing tools and product management. There are many features that make Magento the best choice like PrestaShop, like the ability to post reviews about products or even sheets of the individual products.

- Why No: there is a valid reason for not considering the ideal solution for Magento e-commerce? Absolutely not, unless some consideration subjective someone as mentioned earlier for PrestaShop.

Other CMS for e-Commerce
Those we have reported are the most popular CMS, or at least those most cited when referring to the area of e-commerce. There are of course other solutions about, other CMS such as for example:

Zen Cart
TYPO3
concrete5
osCommerce
MYBB

Ron Killian

I would NOT use OSCommerce. It's quite outdated and the new version has been in beta for like 5 years or more. Doubt it's ever going to come out. Plus you need to hard code all add-on's, and layout. PITA.

It's a robust cart, works great just old and sure not, non-coder friendly at all.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.