11 year old domain name

imnathanjames

Hi everyone
I am having a massive clear out of all the domains i have.
I got lucky last week and managed to sell 5 that i had been hoarding to A friend of a friend. They were based around the fitness niche. I did pretty well and made $2500

I have one that i have had for 11 years. Basic domain value tools say that it's worth around $1800. But I know that a domain is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay. Meaning that because it is niche based i would need someone looking to enter that niche to take an interest.
The niche is horror.

I have tried flippa-you need to pay out a couple hundred bucks just to get any traction for sales. other wise you pay $9 for a standard listing and it just gets swollowed up in the listing.
sedo- spam the hell out of the domain and park it so it gets dodgy looking pop-ups and silly site recommendations.

Does anyone have any recommendations for selling a domain and also getting it properly valued.

Thanks in advance guys

Inquestor

One way you could go about selling your domain is to search for said horror niche (Google, Yahoo, etc) and develop a list of websites relevant to your domain. Collect as many as you want.

Go to the contact section or whois the domain to get their contact information and email them a sales letter. Most won't be interested but I have sold a couple domains this way.

Just be sure your domain name doesn't infringe on any trademarks. If it does, soliciting trademarked domains is a form of cyber squatting.

Best of luck with your sale!

Zack

Hi everyone
I am having a massive clear out of all the domains i have.
I got lucky last week and managed to sell 5 that i had been hoarding to A friend of a friend. They were based around the fitness niche. I did pretty well and made $2500

I have one that i have had for 11 years. Basic domain value tools say that it's worth around $1800. But I know that a domain is only worth as much as someone is willing to pay. Meaning that because it is niche based i would need someone looking to enter that niche to take an interest.
The niche is horror.

I have tried flippa-you need to pay out a couple hundred bucks just to get any traction for sales. other wise you pay $9 for a standard listing and it just gets swollowed up in the listing.
sedo- spam the hell out of the domain and park it so it gets dodgy looking pop-ups and silly site recommendations.

Does anyone have any recommendations for selling a domain and also getting it properly valued.

Thanks in advance guys
Never trust those automated domain name appraisal sites. They are always far from accurate and usually value a domain many times higher than it's real value. It's best to get it appraised by an expert in the domain field if you want an accurate value.

On selling it then you might want to try Godaddy. I have had my best profits on there over any other selling site.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.