How many keywords can we target for 1 single page?

CyberAlchemist

I want to open a discussion on how many keywords can we target for 1 single page, normally I used to go with 3 different keywords for 1 page on my website.
I need to know If this is the true. Someone else let me know your experience.
Individual pages has around 350 -500 words in it.
Thanks in Advance.

TheRealRazzy

Normally I do between 1 and 3 keywords per page.

I won't focus on 3 keywords at a time essentially, I will have 1 main keyword per page and 2 sub keywords so that I can go over a ton of information.

I won't usually type 350 to 500 words though. Normally I try to get my articles/posts/content to at least 1,000 words and optimize it for the one main keyword with sprinkles of the 2 sub keywords in there :)

hentis

Hi CyberAlchemist. The longer your post is, the more keywords you can focus in general, with limits obviously.

Also the more keywords you focus on a single post/page, the harder it is to do it effectively.

For a 2000 word post:
1 keyword is good
2 keywords can be focused relatively easy.
3 keywords is hard but doable.
4 Keywords is for seo masters.

for 350 word page:
1 keyword is best.
2 keywords is hard but doable.
3 or more keywords is asking for unnatural focus

For 500 words:
1 keywords is best.
3 Keywords is for seo masters.
4 keowords is asking for unnatural focus

CyberAlchemist

I won't usually type 350 to 500 words though. Normally I try to get my articles/posts/content to at least 1,000 word
I don't see differences between between 500 words and 1,000 words, why you recommend to have at least 1,000 words per article?

Hi CyberAlchemist. The longer your post is, the more keywords you can focus in general, with limits obviously.
I agree with your point, @Hentis!, we will have many opportunities to add keywords into a long article.

For 500 words:
1 keywords is best.
4 keywords is asking for unnatural focus
For those, I could not know where you get this formula?

Especially for this line, how can you explain in details? why?

adriansmith4555

You can target as many keywords as you wish BUT can you really do it! Targeting more that one search query means you have to double your work as each keyword will require equal amount of backlinks and articles and stuff. Also the page itself needs to be optimized for both keywords!

FreebieBoy34

I want to open a discussion on how many keywords can we target for 1 single page, normally I used to go with 3 different keywords for 1 page on my website.
I need to know If this is the true. Someone else let me know your experience.
Individual pages has around 350 -500 words in it.
Thanks in Advance.
3 different keywords is a reasonable target if you're going to ask me. I for myself follow that with the contents that I posted with those websites I've designed in the past. Just make sure that all the keywords are properly integrated and that they wouldn't ruin the flow of the topic...:)

SEOPub

There is no limit.

It really depends on the phrase and how many close variations there are.

I have one page on a site that we are tracking around 50 keywords for.

I have another, that we are tracking about 120 for.

Neither one of those pages have more than 600 or 700 words on them. In fact, I think the one is only about 300 words.

Elegant_Designs

There is no real standard as in how many keywords you can target on a page e.g. when building backlinks for your website, people always say use a wide variety of anchor texts (inclusive of URL, "Click Here" etc...)/keywords targeting instead of just a few keywords to avoid being red flagged by Big G. Because of this, you can't really determine how many keywords and also what's your content is about on that page you are trying to rank, will be the one dictating the keywords you should/can target.

Not to mention the various combination of keywords/key phrases you can create

SEOPub

Just remember a search phrase does not have to appear on your page in order to target it. Google understands the relationships between similar phrases.

As an example, this page ranks #1 for 'SEO New York' but that phrase does not show up anywhere on the page.

gregoryortiz.com/seo/new-york-city/

Google understands though that

SEO New York
New York SEO
New York City SEO
SEO New York City

basically all mean the same thing.

People have this huge misconception that a phrase has to show up on the page, and many think it has to show up in the H tags or title tag, in order to rank for it.

crazycoder

As SEOpub mentioned, if the keyword is a variation of the actual keyword, you can target any number of variations as all of them are similar. For a 500 words page, I target 2 keywords and about 2 sub-keywords and it is working fine for me. Also, the backlinks & anchor text would make a huge impact for the rankings.

simonsmith

I normally used 1 keyword for one page and try to make the maximum variation or LSI keywords as i can. In this way, i become save from over optimization penalty as well as promotion/marketing becomes more easy.

whitelabel

Hi, I would prefer to use 1 keyword but use it maximum three times with long tail phrase for 1000 words article.

davidnguyen

With an article, I also use 1-3 keywords. I like to write long and useful articles. My target content is at least 1500 words if possible. I like to become the difference among competitors

SEOPub

Were any of you around before Google went to private search?

If you were, you would know how stupid your answers are.

Back when Google shared keyword traffic data, it was pretty common to see a single page bringing in search traffic from 50-100 different keywords in a single month. Sometimes there were hundreds.

This whole idea of targeting only 1 or 2 keywords is just asinine.

olaryeankarh

I cannot tell you to stick to one particular ratio because in terms of keyword density, things have changed over time and it has become a little difficult to tell what would look spammy to search engines or not (at the slightest chance). Ideally, I keep it around 1 keyword per 150 words then I can support with semantics (LSIs) once I feel the keyword seem to appear too much.
Most importantly, please use your discretion. Remember, Google and other search engines want you to be as natural as possible. Focus more on giving value to readers and you should be fine.

TopHatSEO

There has already been some great advice shared here about keyword targeting.

The general rule that the longer the content, the more keywords you can potentially target holds true. It's also usually easier to target those keywords in a relatively natural way within longer format content.

One point to keep in mind is that just because you are targeting a particular keyword doesn't mean that's the only keyword which you'l rank in the SERPs for. This is especially true for longer form content. Use Google's Webmaster Tools to see which keywords a particular piece of content is ranking for. This data can be used to develop new content specific to that keyword or to tailor the existing post more specifically to the keyword so that you rank higher in the SERPs for it.

berto

I don't think that the longer content the more keywords can be target, too many keywords can be redundant and suspicious. The inclusion of keyword will depend on the needs of the content to deliver quality information to the audience.

sidrawat

I would suggest targeting at-least 3-4 keywords for a single page. You can increase the number of targeted keywords if you have an e-commerce business. I have an e-commerce website of shoe business where i optimize 8-9 keywords per category & pages.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.