Forum CMS or Q&A system?

Harry P

I would like to start a small site for getting questions from visitors and answer them which more rich content for SEO. I did a research but no more Q&A system can have better functions like a forum. Should I start a forum? which is better in this case, forum cms or Q&A system?

TheRealRazzy

Question and Answer systems are getting pretty big now. Yahoo! answers is pretty much garbage because it can be gamed pretty easily over time. One of the bigger ones that I like is Quora, but it's not as big as Yahoo! answers just yet.

If you can do it right, you can pull in a good amount of traffic.

I would say to set up a network of websites that revolve around Q&A and link them all together like a network of sites. You can pull in people from all over the world and share traffic between all the websites :D

Steve32

Question and Answer systems are getting pretty big now. Yahoo! answers is pretty much garbage because it can be gamed pretty easily over time. One of the bigger ones that I like is Quora, but it's not as big as Yahoo! answers just yet.
I have agree with you, Yahoo! answers could not control what their members are posting on it while Quora is becoming a platform for self promotion and advertising without moderating from their staff.

If you can do it right, you can pull in a good amount of traffic.
Most people wanted to do this right way but no more could not. What things in your mind to do it right and getting traffic?

TheRealRazzy

I have agree with you, Yahoo! answers could not control what their members are posting on it while Quora is becoming a platform for self promotion and advertising without moderating from their staff.
I've actually seen people come in and post "Well, I'm getting +2 points for this post" and that's it. The moderation of Yahoo answers is a joke :(

Quora has automated systems that remove people who post too many links. I haven't figured out the ratio yet, because I'm not banned lol :D But I post a link in around 1 in 10 posts on there and I've never gotten contacted about my posts.

Most people wanted to do this right way but no more could not. What things in your mind to do it right and getting traffic?
Setting up a Q&A type website would take a lot of time. You would have to post loads of questions on your own and even hire Virtual Assistants in countries like India and the Philippines to post all day every day to get content on there. Eventually your website would get ranked for some questions and begin the snowball affect.

You would have to moderate the posts, or have an auto moderation feature for someone who posts too many links. Otherwise it will turn into a link farm and that's never good :(

Reactions: Harry P

Harry P

Harry P
I am caring about this and not ever tried this way before. Where to find Virtual Assistants and Do i need to research titles for questions before posting them to my Q&A so that they will have opportunities to get organic traffic when they are ranked high on search results?
I found some Q&A themes on themeforest and wanted to buy one for my new site. In the other hand, it can help SEO for my main sites from this Q&A site if I can build it with rich content and backlinks.

Ron Killian

I was going to say the same thing, it could take ALOT of time to get it up and running and even more time to maintain it. Just to keep the spam out could be a full time job plus.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads