What are the daily tasks of an internet marketer?

Steve32

What are the daily activities of an internet marketer to get traffic to their sites, just curious because I also do these for my site. I often post comments on forums, creating posts on my sites and sharing them on social media sites. what about you? What are your daily task to get more traffic to your sites?

TheRealRazzy

When I'm starting work in the morning after I bring my little girl to school I'll always focus on adding quality content to my websites in order to get higher rankings in the SERPs. But that takes time.

After I get some good content up on my sites, I'll start browsing popular forums and answer questions if I can. I don't spam my links in the comments because no one likes that lol.

Then I'll check my PPC campaigns and see what was getting the most clicks over the last 24 hours and if I can reduce the CPC if possible to save some cash.

Usually it's lunch time by now and I'll eat whatever is in my fridge lol.

Now I'll get to posting blog posts on certain websites that pay me per post. I got lucky on this one because my writing skills are usually pretty good and I'm knowledgeable for almost anything that has to do with websites, marketing, and making money online :D I'll do this until my little girl is done with school.

After my little girl is home I usually take it a lot slower until later at night when I can start hammering out more work :D

Goliathstwin

When I'm starting work in the morning after I bring my little girl to school I'll always focus on adding quality content to my websites in order to get higher rankings in the SERPs. But that takes time.
In my personal opinion, useful content does not help getting high rankings for itself unless you have natural shares or good backlinks to your posts/articles.

After I get some good content up on my sites, I'll start browsing popular forums and answer questions if I can. I don't spam my links in the comments because no one likes that lol.
I agree that popular forums will help SEO and increasing directly traffic to your site if you use them as a promoting channel. But seem you missed an imporatnt point that's social media sharing which also helping increase visitors to your sites/blogs if they are providing useful content.

TheRealRazzy

TheRealRazzy

Quality content does rank well if you're already an authority site ;)

Of course you have to do off page optimization for the pages, but if you're already considered an authority then you don't have to do much. I also optimize the article, and that's part of adding "quality content".

Adding quality content to your pages won't rank quickly if you're a new website or if you're doing it wrong, plain and simple.

vishwa

I am also adding quality content to my blog and promote my blog to Social Media sites, Forum Posting, Guest Posting etc. However My big time was spend on adding content and promoting.

Harry P

If you're using a SERP tracker and you see your website drop a few pages for every keyword, you've most likely gained a penalty.
What is SERP tracker to track keyword ranking in this case? can you recommend some? mostly I used G webmaster tool to see my keywords dropped or increased without using any SEO tools out there.

If you're worried about being blacklisted and you don't know if you are, you can do a site search on the search engine of your choice. Just go to the search engine and type in site:example.com but instead of example.com you'll enter your own website. If your domain shows up, you're not blacklisted :)
Yes I knew this command for Google and it's just showing number of pages indexed by Google for my site. nothing else and everything is fine when every pages are indexed.

joe

Reading and interacting with my target audience.

I spend more than 4 hours per day reading about stuff about the industry I am involved in. And another 2 hours following up with my clients and monitor what they do on social media (creepy, I know but read on) to understand what triggers them.

For example, if a client of mine is a hard core fan of Kobe Bryant, I will set up a monitoring tool to follow the news of Kobe Bryant and use the news to talk to my client like " Whoa, our homeboy Kobe is in a serious injury now. Do you think he'll be fine for the next big game? "

And another 3 hours of my day, I will spend on reaching out to influencers, guest post and etc.

Now the last 1 hour of my work day, it's contemplation time, I need to sit down and write what I have done today and WHY and how it's going to help me achieve my ultimate goal.

Harry P

For example, if a client of mine is a hard core fan of Kobe Bryant, I will set up a monitoring tool to follow the news of Kobe Bryant and use the news to talk to my client like " Whoa, our homeboy Kobe is in a serious injury now. Do you think he'll be fine for the next big game? "
Are you having a tool do to this task? how does this work?
I never heard about a tool like this before.

And another 3 hours of my day, I will spend on reaching out to influencers, guest post and etc.
Searching sites that allowing guest posts? that to help SEO for your sites?
I ignored pretty bloggers who contacted me to have guest posts on my site, because they used to provide low quality content with tons of links in them.

chongjasmine

I create articles to post on sites.
I also read up on informational books, and watch educational videos.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.