In top 10 Google search is not enough?

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
I have dozens of keywords in top 10 but just getting good traffic or more clicks just for keywords in top 3 Google search results. Seem more people only click on first 3 positions in Google and ignore websites with lower positions. Is In top 10 Google search not enough to get traffic/clicks or you need to have top #1 in the first page of search engines to have maximum clicks from searchers?

Rob Whisonant

You need to factor in how many searches each keyword phrase gets. Also are they keyword phrases that people are using to find many sites or is the first result all they need?

Anoopsrinivasan

Yes, i agree your point. Now a days people will prefer only top 5 links in search engines to buy or searching anything. If your link is in above 5th position means your getting less traffic compared to others and many chance to go that ink to 2 page. So Keep update your link in first page with in 5th position while doing White hat techniques.

StasVa

Depends about what niche we are talking and frequency of the keyword. In any case, difference between each positions in top 10 is very huge. The first three-four requests receive almost all traffic ( > 80 % ).
Not much of the rest goes to the sites on the first page. All other website in the index get maybe 1-2 %.

TheRealRazzy

Getting to the top 3 should be your main goal because that's where the traffic clicks. Roughly 45% of the clicks will go to the very first position and the percentage decreases drastically the lower you go. If you're ranked #10 you'll actually get less clicks than if you were rank #11. This is because if you're #11 you're actually at the top of the second page. It's not a big difference in clicks, but you'll be able to gauge the difference if it's a highly searched keyword.

And these numbers aren't even factoring in how many ads pop up in the searches. If there are 3 to 4 ads showing before your listing if it's at the #1 position, you're not going to get as many clicks :(

Miguelito203

I have dozens of keywords in top 10 but just getting good traffic or more clicks just for keywords in top 3 Google search results. Seem more people only click on first 3 positions in Google and ignore websites with lower positions. Is In top 10 Google search not enough to get traffic/clicks or you need to have top #1 in the first page of search engines to have maximum clicks from searchers?
It's not just about getting ranked. It's about getting ranked for targeted keywords that visitors are actually searching for. For instance, the less competition there is,the easier it is to get ranked for stuff. Being ranked at the top isn't going to do any good if people aren't actively looking for what you're selling. That's why it's important to do research first and to know your niche.

Joey

Hawker

Hi yes no it depends on whether those keywords you are ranking for are worth ranking for.

Not all keywords are. The keywords worth ranking for are buyer ready actionable keywords.

The type people search with one hand while holding their credit card in the other!

Anything that starts with "Buy" or "Purchase" x product online whatever.

Plus there's a lot of other things to take into consideration.

But that way even if you aren't getting the same volume of traffic as sites that rank in the top 3 are, the traffic you are getting is still converting.

But if you're on the first page there is a good chance with the right SEO you could rank in the top 3 as well.

And there is no website that can't be SEO'd. :)

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
In any case, difference between each positions in top 10 is very huge. The first three-four requests receive almost all traffic ( > 80 % ).
Not much of the rest goes to the sites on the first page. All other website in the index get maybe 1-2 %.
Where you got this info? if its exact then it is what happening with my blog.

Getting to the top 3 should be your main goal because that's where the traffic clicks. Roughly 45% of the clicks will go to the very first position and the percentage decreases drastically the lower you go. If you're ranked #10 you'll actually get less clicks than if you were rank #11. This is because if you're #11 you're actually at the top of the second page. It's not a big difference in clicks, but you'll be able to gauge the difference if it's a highly searched keyword.

And these numbers aren't even factoring in how many ads pop up in the searches. If there are 3 to 4 ads showing before your listing if it's at the #1 position, you're not going to get as many clicks :(
Exactly I am thinking of the differences between low and high competition keywords, that's reason why I am getting less clicks with keyword in top 7 to top 10.

Hi yes no it depends on whether those keywords you are ranking for are worth ranking for.
Maybe yes, but as said above, I think it's by keyword volumes which I didn't research before creating articles or posts.

Not all keywords are. The keywords worth ranking for are buyer ready actionable keywords.

The type people search with one hand while holding their credit card in the other!
Interesting explanation but I don't think this is the right reason. :D

and here's what I mentioned in my first post. Keywords in top 10 Google but not getting more clicks from them.

top10google.png

Elegant_Designs

Getting top 3 positions for your targeted keywords on Google will gain more traffic when compared to positions below them. Not to mention above the organic listing there are still Google Ads showing with far more visual impact as well as other organic results; Maps, Product Images, Graphs, Wiki etc...
Mobile users and desktop users have different behaviours & experience when searching on Google which will affect the clickthrough too.
Suggest to start looking for other traffic channels if possible

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.