Ebooks vs. Audio books vs. Video books?

marmalade

I am planning to start a new site for selling eBooks and i need your advice on which is the best profit to go with at this time? Ebooks or Audio books or Video books? why?

TheRealRazzy

Why not do all 3 and diversify what you can sell?

This way you can target a lot more keywords and pull in people who may be looking for an audio book but decides on purchasing one of your ebooks :D

Cross marketing always increases sales across the board if done right :)

elcidofaguy

I agree with the above... At the end of the day its all digital products and therefore the same when it comes to delivery of the product. A big difference would be to deliver a physical product which would mean packaging, deliverying and handling returns etc. In my opinion I would stick to all things digital in order to simplify your setup. When it comes down to it - it does not matter whether it is an ebook, video, audio etc... What matters is how great your sales copy is and how you target traffic...

Hawker

Wait, video books? What are they? I know you can't embed videos into eBooks (PDF's etc). So what do you mean by video books exactly?

Razzy has said what I would say, why limit yourself to just one? Why not go with a site that caters for all of them?

I have a small eBook site, I posted about it on here a while back. I was offering free eBooks on it but recently switched them all to paid at just $1 each.

I've started getting sales and about 2-3 times a week I'll get an email saying someone has sent me $1 lol

I need to add more eBooks to it and put the prices up on some of them.

But I don't think any of them would sale at all if I didn't put any work into the actual sales pages.

joe

I don't think selling 3 types of ebook is a good idea now.

Look, you are going to compete against guys like Ebooks.com. You are not going to take a piece of their pie by going without a plan.

Here's what I suggest you do:

Pick a smaller niche (much smaller).

- Do a market research on the niche you want to go into, let's say thriller novels for teenagers. See how many purchases they have per month.
- Build your website targeting teenagers who like to read thriller novels.
- Make sure to keep them on your email list.

You are not going to make sports shoes to compete with Nike because you don't have a chance. Instead, make sports shoes specifically designed for Hispanic people. There, you have a much bigger chance of gaining initial market share.

Most people wouldn't know that Yellowpages started out targeting businesses only in San Francisco.

My conclusion:

Start with a smaller niche to gain an initial traction and then expand slowly.

Reactions: marmalade

Harry P

Harry P
Did you buy any ebooks from this site? they are selling their own ebooks or reselling from other authors?
Your advice is exact from an internet marketer who always likes go into smaller niche to compete easier.

joe

They are a retailer of these ebooks.

Yes, I do think that focusing on a smaller niche "initially" is how you gain traction in a highly competitive industry.

Do you remember Amazon when they were only selling books?

Remember Google when they were only an internet search engine? Now they have a wide range of apps and products.

chongjasmine

I think it will be good to focus on just one type.
Whichever is your passion.

I think videos are better than ebooks, but they are harder to produce as well.
Like I said in my post earlier, focus on one method.

Last edited by a moderator:

Elisabeth Kuhn

Well, there seem to be some fancy ebooks that include links to videos. But I'm wondering whether marmalade actually meant trainings in the form of ebooks, audio or video.

If so, there are (at least) two ways to approach it:

a) Sell the ebook, and then sell audio and/or video by way of the upsell, OR
b) Sell the whole course all at once, saying that it comes in a multi-media format, i.e., PDF, video, and maybe audio, or PDF and audio, etc.

And I would promote them as stand-alone products, through JVZoo and similar sites. Of course, once you have a bunch of books/training packs, you can also then create either a store - or a membership site!

Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.