What is the best screen size for a computer?

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
I want to upgrade my monitor to a new monitor but I am getting confused what is the best screen size for a computer for working online (browse websites, entertainment and games) I am using HP LED 18.5". Is it good enough for now?

dbs00

Not for me.
I use 2x 32" :))
Need to get my 3rd :)

Datacentreplus

27 seems like a good one to go for these days.
24 is respectable too, but of course, it isn't always the case of how big your monitors are.

It's all about getting 2 (or 3). 2 x24inch monitors in dual set up. It will change your life forever...

Not for me.
I use 2x 32" :))
Need to get my 3rd :)
I had a 32 tv on my desk - I don't really use it as a monitor, but more of a tv to watch while I work... having said that, isn't 32 a bit excessive? Doesn't it hurt your eyes?
I have a friend who was using a 42 inch tv as his monitor...

kim16

That's a lot of monitors. I know some one who has four. He's a gamer.

Datacentreplus

Datacentreplus
TBH, gaming is the least justifiable reason why you'll need more than one monitor. Unless I'm really out of date with gaming now and people have started to use multiple screens for maps and inventory etc... or they're using it to create panoramics..

When you work with 2 monitors, like on websites or editing, you'll quickly realise you're running out of space. Having things tabbed or windowed hidden away starts to become a hindrance to productivity. You just start to need more than 2 monitors at that point, and then the addiction begins...

vishwa

I am also Using 18.5 inch monitor and it works great for me. If you want to use it for watching movies and videos than you cn opt for 21 inch or above monitor as well.

Rob Whisonant

One factor you want to consider when selecting a monitor size is "how far away" will you be from the monitor. The further away, the larger the monitor needs to be.

Also take into consideration how good your eyesight is.

Currently I am using a 24" that sits about 3 feet from me.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.