URL Flow Metrics and Domain Flow Metrics

Justin Philipps

What is the difference of the two? Should I care about the URL Flow Metrics if the Domain Flow Metrics is high? I asked this because I saw in Majestic that I have a lot of backlinks with 0 Trust Flow and 0 Citation flow in the URL Flow Metrics but has 20+ Citation Flow and Trust Flow. Should I disavow those links or should I keep them?
Thank you very much for your inputs.

SEOPub

You should never, ever disavow any links based on 3rd party metrics. Google does not use TF, CF, or any other kind of flow to determine the strength of a link.

3rd party metrics can be used as a guide, but you have to remember they are not 100% accurate. Companies like Majestic and Moz do not have the resources that Google has to crawl and index the internet.

The only type of links you should ever consider disavowing are spammy links such as blog comment or forum profile links.

Reactions: Justin Philipps

Justin Philipps

Justin Philipps

But what about those links that are not relevant to my website? I noticed a while ago that since our website was listed to a website, our website will get a backlink from them. However, when I checked it on the majestic tool, I got a lot of 0 trust flow backlinks from them, most are pages of other forex brokers but majestic recognizes them as a backlink to our website. What should I do with them?

SEOPub

The 0 trust flow does not mean anything. Google does not care if a page has a trust flow of 0 or 95.

If they are not relevant at all I still probably would not disavow them unless there is something really wrong with the site being linked from.

Google does not punish sites for getting irrelevant links unless they are done in massive quantities with the intention of gaming the search rankings. Almost every popular site is going to have some irrelevant links pointing at it.

Even those irrelevant links are probably helping your rankings a little bit.

And honestly, with the recent changes made to Penguin, if what Gary Illyes said is true that they are no longer penalizing sites for bad links they are just ignoring the bad links, I'm not sure I would ever disavow a link again.

Ron Killian

Ron Killian
I always thought that was crap. Penalizing for bad backlinks. Because it would be too easy for people to kill their competition. Spend some money on Fiverr and done. Don't count them, okay, but not penalize. Course I guess they have to find ways to slow down those trying to game the system.

Appreciate your input. This is a subject I've been thinking about lately.

Older threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.