What is the optimal keyword density?

hentis

I am using Yoast SEO plugin which comes very highly recommended. It suggests that keyword density should not be more than 2,5%. Harsh Agrawal from Shout me load recommends approx 1.5% and if you google the question his article is 1st or 2nd place.
The also i have come across quite a number of articles suggesting that keyword density is not really an important metric for ranking in the serps. I surely hope I have not wasted all the effort of ensuring my posts are all keyword optimised.

So to boil down to the bedrock of my question - What is the optimal keyword density?

SEOPub

I have pages ranking with a keyword density of over 12%.

I really don't pay attention to it and don't think Google says, "Oh well this site has a keyword density of 2.5% and this one is at 2.6%. We should rank the 2.5% higher for not going over 2.5%."

StasVa

I am using Yoast SEO plugin which comes very highly recommended. It suggests that keyword density should not be more than 2,5%. Harsh Agrawal from Shout me load recommends approx 1.5% and if you google the question his article is 1st or 2nd place.
The also i have come across quite a number of articles suggesting that keyword density is not really an important metric for ranking in the serps. I surely hope I have not wasted all the effort of ensuring my posts are all keyword optimised.

So to boil down to the bedrock of my question - What is the optimal keyword density?
2.5 % - is a good count.
I try not to exceed the threshold of 5%

DarioPV

It is hard to give a definitive answer on this bcs many people have different experiences with it. Browsing trough different forums, the general consensus is to keep it between 1-3%.

simonsmith

Everyone has its own opinion about this matter. I have read many article on keyword density but never find a permanent decision. Some of my articles with 1% keyword density are on top but in the other hand, i also have such articles in which keyword density is more than 3% but they never rank. So i think keyword density matters in article ranking but not too much and according to my experience keyword density should be between 2-4%.

acemetillidie0001

I don't know that there is a clear, defined answer out there. It's not like Matt Cutts from Google decided to let the cat out of the bag, but he did make it very apparent that keyword stuffing is looked at as being unnatural. I personally try not to exceed about 2%, but more imporantly, I make sure the content is written in a natural, and organic manner.

davidnguyen

Keyword density is 2-3% but you should use keywords naturally in your articles. Making content useful, unique and long is important in SEO

warrendk

Keyword density, which is the main topic of this article is simply how often your target keywords should be used throughout the article.
One of the most popular SEO tools available is the Yoast Plugins.
The plugin uses a keyword density counter as a metric for determining how good your on-page SEO is for each article. Yoast states that the keywords density you should aim for is between 0.5% and 2.5%. The range between 0.5% and 2.5% of keyword density we can assume as Optimal Keyword Density and anything over 2.5% starts to look spammy and unnatural, which search engines will not like.

Aby

I believe SEOPub made the right statement. Don't pay much attention to the keyword density.
But, actually, ensure that you use related words to your keyword in your blog as well.
For example, If you are writing a blog on getting a driver's license, ensure that you use words like Car, highway, speed limit, vehicles, trucks and safety measures, good driving habits, etc.

prawalikaroy

Effective Keyword Research. The first step is the most important.
Avoid Incorrect Phrases. In your eagerness to add keywords with high Google keyword ranking, you may end up adding incorrect phrases and sentences to the content.
Increase the Word Count.
Have the Right Mindset.
Quality is the King.

saurabhkakdee

There is keyword density formula number of keyword multiple by 100 divide by total number of words it should be 2-3%

Brill Mindz

No one-size-fits-all optimal' keyword density' percentage has ever been shown to have a direct positive increase in the ranking in the public arena.

I certainly don't believe that there is a common percentage of keywords in text to get a website to number 1 in Google. While the key to success in many niches is often simple SEO, search engines aren't that easy to fool in 2019.

prawalikaroy

Keyword density is the percentage of times a keyword or phrase appears on a web page compared to the total number of words on the page. In the context of search engine optimization, keyword density can be used to determine whether a web page is relevant to a specified keyword or keyword phrase.

angelamotley

In a particular page keyword density should be 8 keywords in a 200 words content.

Newer threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views