SEO for News Website

Justin Philipps

Hello guys,

I'm trying to promote our news website to different news platforms such as Google News, Bing News and Yahoo News. I also tried to get some backlinks on high authority news websites. Can anyone give me some suggestions on how to further improve my SEO and online visibility? Like where else should I promote our news content and which websites accepts and features news

DarioPV

It is kinda hard to answer that without more info about your website. Do you cover broad news are some specific subject or maybe only a specific area like news related to a city etc. ?

dzcoder

Hello,

It's very hard to start, but don't worry that take time,
You should start with meta in ur code HTML, followed by keywork ( you should find the best keyword for your website by checking google keyword research,
and you can also publish your website on other forums or blogs or any platforms have related niche, "it's what we call blacklink"

etc ..

cheers

dzCoder

EpicGlobalWeb

I'm in a similar boat as you and it all seems to come down to hyper activity, big advertising pockets, or a combination of the two.

simonsmith

Few years before, i have also perform search engine optimization work for a news website. News takes more time for promotion. Most of the news websites are only work on current news.

whitelabel

Hi,

Try to put some back links into News and Finance Guest Posts sites and use some social media sites.

hynds

In order to increase your website traffic and ranking, I would suggest you to learn and research about SEO, I think at first you need to learn from many famous and largest websites about SEO, SEM such as: Searchengineland. com, Searchenginewatch. com, Searchenginejournal. com, Moz. com,...they're all giving free basic SEO, SEM techniques and courses that you can follow up and practice as well. After that, you should apply these techniques on your own website with your domain and hosting, try your best to practical daily as much as possible.

I believe that you can get the archive after some months you try hard.

Good luck to you,

hrishivardhan

It's rally a hard to promote the news because it depends on the present scenarios. so you really have very short span of time before you could do anything. so I would suggest you to make yourself hard and try to promote it on the hyper level.

vishwa

Do Guest posting on sites similar to your niche. Promote your website in Social Networking sites, Do blog commenting and if You have a budget you can also opt for native ad networks. These networks are great way to drive traffic to your site. You can become an advertiser their. These native ads works great with your niche and have some good conversion rates.

KleponPink

Hi,
Have you tried Marketwatch (dot) com and other news websites such as theaustralian (dot) com (dot) au, the guardian, or other news websites receiving guest post?

sourav

To increase your website ranking and traffic it is essential to perform quality SEO ( White Hat SEO) to get sustainable growth and performance. To promote your new website, you need to focus on following actions which are as follows
1. Quality and optimised content/article writing and post them in quality website
2. Forum posting and blog commenting
3. Directory submission
4. Infographic creation and submission
5. Image posting
6. Blog, article, presentation creation

Additionally, before posting all such process, it is essential to check all the websites quality and performance.
Some of the tools that provide support like Alexa ranking and Moz tools

Thanks and regards

davidnguyen

I haven't had experience about building backlinks on high authority news websites yet. I think that we have to contact to owners to request. They will give answers exactly. Maybe, we have to pay some money to build backlinks and create high quality content for them

hjwill

Hello,

I am going through something similar right now; however, my website is purely about digital marketing. Which makes it hard to compete with websites like moz.com. I agree with others, social bookmarking sites (like Delicious.com), blog/forum backlinks, social mentions, and link baiting are all good ideas. I hope this helps and good luck!

Hjwill

tanmoy420

i have also perform search engine optimization work for a Forex news website. News takes more time for promotion.

hynds

After having your blog running, you need to promote your site in order to get traffic and revenue also. There’re many ways to promote, for both free methods and paid methods.

Free methods such as: Doing SEO, Social Media Content sharing, Youtube Sharing, Facebook Content, G+, Pinterest,…and many other channels that give you free using and promotions
Paid methods such as: Doing SEM such as Google adwords, GDN, Solo ads, Facebook ads, banner ads,…

So it depend on your budgets that you will choose which methods that can give you the best effort, or you need to combine between free & paid methods in order to get the effective results

I hope this helps.

marry

Before you pitch authority sites for news guest posting, it is important to have a strong brand or professional profile. As you know Neil Patel and Brian Dean build links via guest posting. They are two big names in internet marketing field. Both have strong profiles, therefore they get links from high authority sites like Forbes, Inc, Entrepreneur dot com..
My point is if you want to get a strong link then first thing to do is to have a strong profile everywhere like on Fb, twitter and google plus.

hostingsafety

Hello guys,

I'm trying to promote our news website to different news platforms such as Google News, Bing News and Yahoo News. I also tried to get some backlinks on high authority news websites. Can anyone give me some suggestions on how to further improve my SEO and online visibility? Like where else should I promote our news content and which websites accepts and features news
The best way to promote a website is promoting it in niche based businesses.
Since you have news based website, try contributing to your competitor's website/ blog posts/ articles
Submit your website pages to accurate category along with correct title and description.

Older threads
Newer threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies