Is making money online your hobby or your work?

Marc van Leeuwen

Premium Member
I know for some people here are making money online just a hobby. For others, making money online may be their only source of income. So, which is it for you?
If it's your main source of income, do you feel like you make enough, or is it a struggle? any thoughts?

TheRealRazzy

At first when I started getting online to make some money it was a hobby. After about a year of working full time and playing around online it became a job and I started putting more and more time into it.

Now I make a full time income online and love it :D

hynds

In the past, 6-7 years ago, I joined MMO with my hobby and passion, I worked as affiliate part-time job beside my full-time working at company. But now I'm working fulltime on this, after many years considering and make decision.

Mands1987

I have started my online work a few months ago and I just want to make money and do not adopt as a hobby. It is my only income resources and I would like to make thousands from it.

badboy_Nick

I know for some people here are making money online just a hobby. For others, making money online may be their only source of income. So, which is it for you?
If it's your main source of income, do you feel like you make enough, or is it a struggle? any thoughts?
I'm doing OK and wouldn't trade the world for it ;)

I did work my butt off though to take it from being just a hobby to full time job.

acemetillidie0001

I think I started out looking for alternative ways of making money as a means of supplementing my income, but over the years I learned that time and effort has helped make this a primary source of income. One thing for certain, don't go into IM looking for a get rich scheme, because if you do you won't. Instead, go into IM with an open-mind with the intention of making a bit of extra money, and maybe overtime, you will...

Dewlance

WMS Marketplace Seller
Both, I was started this because of Hobby and to much interest in Web Hosting like managing server, dns server, coding, etc which attract me.

Now this is my only source of income so You can say my hobby becomes a work. I was feel interesting but now Its look like a work.

I want to expand this but can't grow ;/

Hazel Styles

For a long time it has been my source of income, now its more like a side job or hobby. I have always loved reading and writing, so i wrote many blogs and provided my services to different clients as freelancer.
Any job is a struggle, but not when you love what you are doing, you enjoy doing it anyway.
It is hard initially to convince people to pay you for your virtual product and services. Sometime you have to trust them blindly but it is always a great experience to earn via online.

Zack

Right now I just doing it as a hobby I guess but I am hoping that one day it can become my full-time work. Going to have to make enough money to make it worth my time as a dedicated job first.

squeeze

Since i resign in what work in personal life i think this is my new work now.Calling it's hobby it's okay

Ron Killian

Started online in 98, full time in early 99 when it paid as much as my J.O.B. It's been my main source of income ever since. Did not start as a hobby, started as "I hate working a job SO BAD and I REALLY need to get out" thing.

There have been good years, real good years and slow years. Plenty of struggles. Even took a regular job for a short time when I got burnt out. Didn't take long to remind me why I HATED working for some one else.

It's sure not easy to work for yourself, to be self motivated, self determined. Sadly most people don't have it in them, or they don't want it enough.

But I wouldn't trade the freedom for anything.

Although, some might call me a novice.

Brandfuge

I do make money to help my family and of course its my pocketmoney.
I usually spent it for my weekend parties.

And help others sometime to make smile...

davebusiness86s

I quits my $1000 job 4 years ago to stay home and focus only MMO. Never regret it, I earn just a little more but have free time

Venton

Right now I am a consultant for my regular work and for my online money making efforts i'll call it my hobby until I start making 6 figures yearly from it. Then i'll can call it work.

FakeTrumpTweetsApp

For me it started off a hobby but there are so many ways to make money it's turned itself into a full time job.

ezesunday

Making money online is both my hobby and a full-time Job. What more can I say, I do nothing than being with my PC, having fun, helping people and making money.

Helping businesses grow and actually seeing results makes keeps me happy.

I love seeing figures. I've always wanted to be self employed--- decide my fate and change the world.

It started as a hobby and became an addition and metamorphosed to a Big time business that's paying my bills.

HostaPolis

It is a bit of both. I enjoy what I do (most of it) so it is like a hobby I am earning from. All my earnings come from my online work so I guess you can say it is my "job" though is only feels like work maybe 10 hours of the week.

Older threads
Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views

Latest postsNew threads

Referral contests

Referral link for :

Sponsors

Popular tags

You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.