A friend has offered me use of his Youtube/Vimeo videos for my site for SEO purposes...

Kenwcmg

Hi,

I have recently taken over the running of a mountaineering guiding and instructional company, based in Scotland. The previous owner, who is a very good friend of mine, has offered use of a few highly relevant youtube and vimeo videos that he has made, and are on his channels.

Rather than simply embed the videos, which I gather won't help my SEO at all, could someone advise me the best way to use these videos that would help my SEO?

Do I need to get hold of the originals? Can I simply download them, and then upload them to my own channels?

Any advice will be appreciated!

Thanks.

lkovnih226

Ideally, rather than just simply embed them (which I gather has no SEO benefit to me), what is the best way in which to use them?
Of course, in my personal opinion, you should embed them into your websites and users/visitors can directly watch them on your site without redirecting to Youtube or Vimeo. Although it doesn't' have SEO benefit but it help boost loading speed for your web pages, If you put on your website/hosting, it takes some time to load and consuming your server resource.

One more thing, Google always give better rankings for Youtube videos because they are owing this social network, if your videos are hosted at Youtube, you have more opportunites to get traffic for them, also your website.

I can download them or get the originals and upload them to my own channels if that is the best method.
This doesn't' have SEO benefit if you download and uploading to your own hosting as said above. But it is better to move videos to your channels if he permitted that. Otherwise, you can ask him for the account to manage those videos.

Kenwcmg

Thanks for your reply. Can Google tell whether video content is duplicated, and if it can, won't I get penalised, as I can't see how Google would be able to know whether permission has been given or not.

Latest threads
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Recommended threads